You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 13:08, AngryofTuebrook said:

I watched a creepy 1950s British horror film the other night - Night of the Demon.

It was quite good, although a bit ruined by actually showing the demon (which was shit).

Fun fact - This film is the source of the introductory shout on Kate Bush's Hounds of Love ("It's coming! It's in the trees!")

Great film is that

The monster is shit (it is the 50's so maybe they get a bit of a pass) although I read that the director Jaques Tourneur didn't want to show any sort of creature probably for that reason it was the studio who made him do it....

5 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Great film is that

The monster is shit (it is the 50's so maybe they get a bit of a pass) although I read that the director Jaques Tourneur didn't want to show any sort of creature probably for that reason it was the studio who made him do it....

Insidious is like that. Great up until you see the demon. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Insidious is like that. Great up until you see the demon. 

Bad news. There was no demon seen in that film. I think you should contact Rentaghost. 

Couple of decent ones on the last couple of days.

End of Watch - 8/10. Really good police one with Jake Gylenhall and Michael Pena. Very enjoyable, decent action and story.

Lucky Number Slevin 9/10. Loved this when it was released over 10 years ago and it holds up.  I’ll even allow the twist being not that surprising a pass. 

Solid entertainment and held my attention which is rare.

• Upvote 2

The Red Turtle

Studio Ghibli animated heartbreaker about a man stranded on a desert island. Deals with all sorts of emotions, get he tissues ready.

Animated, silent, totally beautiful. Another foreign film putting green screen lycra clad Hollywood shit-gibbons to shame.

9/10 Kodi Exodus Redux

Zombieland: Double Tap - Belated sequel to the 2009 comedy. If you liked the original then you'll enjoy seeing the characters again, it's not ground-breaking but it's fun, has a really fun mid-credits sequence, and doesn't outstay it's welcome. 7 out of 10.

Widows - Steve McQueen adaptation of the Lynda La Plante book. Decent heist movie with a little bit of heft to it's style than is normal for the genre. Again, there's nothing ground-breaking in the story but it's enjoyable and who doesn't like a heist movie? 7 out of 10.

I've gone past it loads of times on Netflix. Thought about watching it but just not bothered. watched it last night. 

Den Of Thieves

Surprisingly not bad. Professional robbers attempt to steal 30 million from the Federal Reserve. Gerard Butler as a piss-head womanising cop trying to stop them. Worth a watch if you are just looking for some cops and robber gunfire shit.  Brilliant twist in it as well. 

6.5/10. 

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Andhadhun

A work colleague recommended this to me. I watched it on Netflix.

Indian film, about a blind pianist who gets entangled in a series of twists after being at a murder scene of a famous actor.

Starts off slow, but trust me it's worth sticking with. A masterpiece.

10/10

Yes! 

I'm surprised no one took my advice earlier on this one. It's brilliant, the murder scene alone is worth watching the film for.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I've gone past it loads of times on Netflix. Thought about watching it but just not bothered. watched it last night. 

Den Of Thieves

Surprisingly not bad. Professional robbers attempt to steal 30 million from the Federal Reserve. Gerard Butler as a piss-head womanising cop trying to stop them. Worth a watch if you are just looking for some cops and robber gunfire shit.  Brilliant twist in it as well. 

6.5/10. 

Yeah it's decent that.

On 18/10/2019 at 18:21, Geoff Woade said:

End of Watch - 8/10. Really good police one with Jake Gylenhall and Michael Pena. Very enjoyable, decent action and story.

I'd never heard of this until I read this yesterday. Just watched it. wow. Cant believe I've never seen it. Proper good film. Funny & Brutal. Both actors best films IMO. 

8/10 

5 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Andhadhun

A work colleague recommended this to me. I watched it on Netflix.

Indian film, about a blind pianist who gets entangled in a series of twists after being at a murder scene of a famous actor.

Starts off slow, but trust me it's worth sticking with. A masterpiece.

10/10

Your taste in foreign films hasn't let me down yet. Added to Watchlist.

On 14/10/2019 at 14:16, Total Longo said:

In the Shadow of the Moon, Netflix.

Decent sci-fi time travel murder thang starring the blonde fella out of the first series of Narcos. 

Starts off brilliant but ends a bit mad.

7/10

Just watched this after your rating and it's shite.  It started off alright then wen't downhill fast.

• Upvote 1

I watched Paddington 2 on Saturday. Very good fun, with some impressive names in the cast (like Brendan Gleeson as the terrifying prison cook). Whenever Hugh Grant tries to play loveable & charming, he's fucking unwatchable; when he plays a wrong'un (like in this or American Dreamz) he's brilliant. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I watched Paddington 2 on Saturday. Very good fun, with some impressive names in the cast (like Brendan Gleeson as the terrifying prison cook). Whenever Hugh Grant tries to play loveable & charming, he's fucking unwatchable; when he plays a wrong'un (like in this or American Dreamz) he's brilliant. 

It's a very good film that. Agree about Hugh Grant, he surprised me how good he was playing a villain as I've only ever seen him play bumbling nice guys.