Quantcast
Rate the last film you watched... - Page 1110 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Elite

Rate the last film you watched...

10 hours ago, Anubis said:

Are you confusing this with Brawl In Cell Block 99, and confusing Hugh Jackman with Vince Vaughn?

I know who Vince Vaughn is,of course,but I was thinking of Brawl in Cell Block 99 and I have also seen Dragged Across Concrete recently too,so a bit of a Vince Vaughn overload. I will have to put Prisoners on my watchlist now.

4 hours ago, Mook said:

On a similar theme any threads about birds could be 'Which ones Vlad thinks have fake tits & which ones he reckons look under age.' & the trainer ones 'Vlad thinks these are all shit.'.

I stand by fake tits and skinny teenagers one though. More signs of a mental illness though.

• Upvote 1

I recently watched the old Michal Palin in Brazil travel documentary and was convinced one of the (underage) indigenous  girls had fake tits even if I knew it wasn't possible (come to think of it, the whole tribe looked a bit dodgy. Budget cuts?).

Prisoners was pretty good and it's also a film by Denis Villeneuve who is supposed to be quite well known after Sicario, Arrival, the new Blade Runner.

Incredible Hulk, the one with Ed Norton last night.

Stuck it on as hasn’t seen it since the cinema 10 years ago. It’s not bad, it’s merely just Ok. Several rungs below where the Marvel films ended up going.

Shame really as I like Ed Norton & Tim Roth, although I do think Ruffalo is a better fit. 

Liv Tyler’s character in it is absolutely pathetic. Definitely not a “strong and empowered woman”, more a whiney annoyance. 

4/10. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Stuck it on as hasn’t seen it since the cinema 10 years ago. It’s not bad, it’s merely just Ok. Several rungs below where the Marvel films ended up going.

Shame really as I like Ed Norton & Tim Roth, although I do think Ruffalo is a better fit. 

Liv Tyler’s character in it is absolutely pathetic. Definitely not a “strong and empowered woman”, more a whiney annoyance. 

4/10. 

I’ve seen that and thought it was shite. Some decent action scenes but not a lot else. Boring storyline and zero onscreen chemistry between Norton and Tyler.

Lou Ferrigno > Ed Norton

20 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Capernaum

Lebanese film about a little 12 year old kid who goes to prison and then sues his parents for bringing him into a world of unrelenting misery and lovelessness.

The back story is incredible, the acting even better, the little lad who plays Zain is seriously, seriously incredible and the final shot of the film absolutely floored me. Haven't felt this way about a film since Lion, perhaps Capernaum is even more affecting due to the stellar performances by a cast of amateurs.

Highly, highly recommended, majestic movie making.

10/10 Exodus Redux on Kodi

Thanks to @SammyAftershave and @1892-LFCWasBorn for the recommendation, cheers lads. 

Yeah it's really a heartwrenching watch.

Glad you enjoyed it. Even Zain's sidekick is superb for one so ridiculously young.

Don't want to say too much unless others are going to watch it.

• Upvote 1

Green Book (Netflix)

Absolute gem of a film. Based on a true story and set in the US in the early sixties it is a Road Trip kind of film with a difference. I don't want to spoil it for others so I'll leave the story line there. Great acting, scenery, humour and music score. Thoroughly enjoyed this and undoubtedly one of the better films I've seen this year so far. 9/10 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Green Book (Netflix)

Absolute gem of a film. Based on a true story and set in the US in the early sixties it is a Road Trip kind of film with a difference. I don't want to spoil it for others so I'll leave the story line there. Great acting, scenery, humour and music score. Thoroughly enjoyed this and undoubtedly one of the better films I've seen this year so far. 9/10 

Superb film that. 

I tried the Escape with Arnie and Sly earlier.... turned it off after half an hour. Its my own fault really isn't it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Superb film that. 

I tried the Escape with Arnie and Sly earlier.... turned it off after half an hour. Its my own fault really isn't it. 

I watched that ages ago, not a great film. 

16 hours ago, Scott_M said:

4/10. 

Worth a better mark for Debora Nascimento alone

Image result for débora nascimento incredible hulk

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Green Book (Netflix)

I don't think there is much chance of spoiling it for others.

19 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Worth a better mark for Debora Nascimento alone

Image result for débora nascimento incredible hulk

She the lass in the factory at the start? She is lovely. Rather her than Liv Tyler.

11 hours ago, SasaS said:

I don't think there is much chance of spoiling it for others.

People tend to miss films though, I know I do. I have all intentions of watching something then it slips my mind as I'm watching some other series. 

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

People tend to miss films though, I know I do. I have all intentions of watching something then it slips my mind as I'm watching some other series. 

OK, OK... they do indeed, apologies, I reacted because you had me confused for a second as you began describing it as if it was something you just discovered on Netflix, then I remembered, oh, that Green Book, best picture and all. 

• Upvote 1

Eleven, featuring our very own forum legend Simon Green / Maroulis. Rented it off Amazon because I've been meaning to watch it for ages.

It's got 4 out of 5 stars on the Amazon rating but I'll go 6.5 out of 10, mostly because I was buzzing that Si was in it. He was good, really pleased for him. The film itself was ok.

• Upvote 5

After recommendations on here, watched Parasite, last night.

A really enjoyable movie and to add even more weight to it,  Ms Butty watched it and she really enjoyed it as well, even though she had to "pffffffffff read subtitles"

8/10

• Upvote 2

Yesterday - talk about fluff.  6/10.

The only interesting thing (to me) about the concept, would anybody repeat the success of the Beatles if they had their songs, seems to be of no interest to Curtis and Boyle, they take it for granted they would.   

To be fair to the film, it flies by relatively quickly and the Oasis joke is funny.

On 06/10/2019 at 00:24, sir roger said:

Mrs. had that La La Land on the telly , seemed very twee , not much evidence of why it did well at the Oscars.

Member_berries.PNG.png

• Upvote 1

Patton - Not normally a fan of war movies but this had something special about it. Based on a flawed General, I believe the script was co-written by Francis Ford Coppolla and I couldn't help but see the style of Apocalypse Now. Cracking movie. 9/10

Spiderman Fart From Home - Great action sequences and decent story but just seemed a little bit too teen based. Much preferred the Sony version Into The Spiderverse. 7/10.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Spiderman Fart From Home - Great action sequences and decent story but just seemed a little bit too teen based. Much preferred the Sony version Into The Spiderverse. 7/10.

Sounds like a stinker.

• Upvote 4