You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

24 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The Mule 8/10.

Another excellent Clint Eastwood film which sits uncomfortably with his real life 'stupid republican white man' personality.

Yeah the bit when he was helping that family change their tyre was particularly cringeworthy 

I did piss myself at him calling one of the gangsters 'Mein Commandant' 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah the bit when he was helping that family change their tyre was particularly cringeworthy 

I did piss myself at him calling one of the gangsters 'Mein Commandant' 

It was a very enjoyable film but the scriptwriters have followed the 'old bloke smuggles drugs' basic narrative and made everything else up.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

It was a very enjoyable film but the scriptwriters have followed the 'old bloke smuggles drugs' basic narrative and made everything else up.

Makes no sense to me that considering it was a film about an old man struggling drugs 

Watched Free solo last night and can only echo what everyone else has said. 

The last fifteen minutes of the film are truly jaw dropping, in every sense. 

I just kept repeating "fucking hell" whenever the camera showed just how high he was or zoomed or to give a perspective of how tiny he is on the wall. 

I've also watched the dawn wall and this edges it just for the sheer lunacy of what he done. 

11 hours ago, Sweeney287 said:

Watched Free solo last night and can only echo what everyone else has said. 

The last fifteen minutes of the film are truly jaw dropping, in every sense. 

I just kept repeating "fucking hell" whenever the camera showed just how high he was or zoomed or to give a perspective of how tiny he is on the wall. 

I've also watched the dawn wall and this edges it just for the sheer lunacy of what he done. 

Watched Valley Uprising yesterday on Netflix which is the history of rock climbing in Yosemite. It might be even more unbearable to watch than both Free Solo and The Dawn Wall. Some of these lads 100% have a death wish. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Watched Valley Uprising yesterday on Netflix which is the history of rock climbing in Yosemite. It might be even more unbearable to watch than both Free Solo and The Dawn Wall. Some of these lads 100% have a death wish. 

It was telling that in Free Solo how they mentioned that the main proponents of free climbing are almost all dead.

Got to be honest I thought The Mule was pretty shite, way too long and fuck me how old does he look to be drug smuggling? Although having said that he was up against the most shit Mexican drug cartel in movie history, if he'd tried to pull some of the shit he does against The Narcos dudes he's have been stabbed, shot and dismembered and not necessarily in that order.   

And it's not a spoiler but the part at the beginning when it moves forward 12 years I'm thinking fuck how old will he look now?

Maybe he should have spewed it after Gran Tornino.

31 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Got to be honest I thought The Mule was pretty shite, way too long and fuck me how old does he look to be drug smuggling? Although having said that he was up against the most shit Mexican drug cartel in movie history, if he'd tried to pull some of the shit he does against The Narcos dudes he's have been stabbed, shot and dismembered and not necessarily in that order.   

And it's not a spoiler but the part at the beginning when it moves forward 12 years I'm thinking fuck how old will he look now?

Maybe he should have spewed it after Gran Tornino.

Tough crowd. I'd hazard a guess that he wasn't killed because he moved so much stuff and was less likely to be pulled over due to his age and appearance.

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Tough crowd. I'd hazard a guess that he wasn't killed because he moved so much stuff and was less likely to be pulled over due to his age and appearance.

And it was loosely based on a true story 

48 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Dragged Across Concrete

Mel Gibson and Vince fucking Vaughan star in this brutal and overly long police caper. Enjoyable but not worth a 2nd viewing imo.

7/10

I really don't mind a slow paced film or a film with a long running time but having watched this felt there was no justification for its painfully excessive length. It was almost a 'Director's Cut' that didn't require a 'Director's Cut' and could have been improved by trimming best part of an hour from it. Another irritating feature was the sledge-hammer like use of shite catchphrases. While also quite long, I really enjoyed the Director's 'Bone Tomahawk' but found this really disappointing, it's best feature being the excellent soundtrack.

Glass

M. Night Shyamashyster's latest movie, based around the characters that he introduced in Unbreakable and Split.

Far less shite than I was expecting, James McAvoy  is especially good, but it all goes tits up with a totally bollocks ending, which is neither profound nor interesting. Predictably old M. Night disappears up his own hoop. Again.

6/10

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Dragged Across Concrete

Mel Gibson and Vince fucking Vaughan star in this brutal and overly long police caper. Enjoyable but not worth a 2nd viewing imo.

7/10

Have you seen shot caller mate? Probably the best of the grindhouse type movies. I enjoyed Prisoner in Cell Block 99, I still need to watch Bone Tomahawk though.

27 minutes ago, Elite said:

Have you seen shot caller mate? Probably the best of the grindhouse type movies. I enjoyed Prisoner in Cell Block 99, I still need to watch Bone Tomahawk though.

Never heard of it tbh. Will seek it out though.

I thought Bone Tomahwak was overrated, thought it was merely okay apart from that 1 scene.

Falling down 10/10

Who knew as a kid watching this, thinking he's a mad man that's spot on about them burgers, that Michael Douglas's character was right about everything. 

To think it must be twenty or thirty years old now and everything has just gotten more extreme. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The Dawn Wall 8.5/10.

Enjoyed this much more than Free Solo.

I finally finished Free Solo as it's hard to watch it all through in one go as it is incredibly dull. The final twenty minutes are spectacular and at times I really thought it was being done with special effects. 

One brave fucker and amazing achievement. 

6 rocks out of 10 climbers. 

I will get on The Dawn Wall next. 

Welcome To Marwen

What the fuck did I just watch? Steve Carrell stars in one of the creepiest, nonciest loads of incomprehensible fucking drivel I've ever seen. 

Who is this even aimed at? Utterly baffling and more than a bit disturbing tbh. 

2 MAPPA cases / 10 Saviles.