You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Behind the Curve...a documentary on Netflix about the flat earth movement. The advocates came across as a bit mental and scary and a bit sad and pathetic at the same time. The scientists came across as quite empathetic. Watch out for one of the biggest bunny boilers you will ever meet. All quite entertaining 7.5/10

36 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

When Eagles Fly Higher 8/10.

Enjoyable Netflix film about a Basketball agent during a player strike. A largely African American cast as it focused on that community's influence on Basketball. Well acted and written, and also directed by Steven Soderbergh.

Its actually called 'High Flying Bird.' No idea where the other title came from.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its actually called 'High Flying Bird.' No idea where the other title came from.

Proper had me off there Vlad, I just text my mate whose a basketball player that he might like this film. I never read your next post.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

5 hours ago, Elite said:

Proper had me off there Vlad, I just text my mate whose a basketball player that he might like this film. I never read your next post.

When Eagles Fly Higher is a much better title.

• Upvote 1

Behind The Curve - 7.5/10.

I thought it was a very sympathetic treatment of the Flat Earth community on the whole. You could see that a lot of them were lonely people just looking for a place to belong and be accepted for themselves.

Highlights are Jeranism and Bob, who manage to prove the Earth is round with a couple of experiments, one with a $20,000 laser gyroscope. Another highlight is the guy who makes the flat earth models - misguided, but a superb craftsman. Then there is Mark Sargent and his pathetically amusing wardrobe of slogan t-shirts and inability to operate a NASA simulator, and finally the scientists interviewed who came across superbly in their willingness to reach out to the FE community.

Two notable exceptions were Matt Powerland - a crazed YouTube knobhead who’d decided he was the Stephen Hawking of Flat Earthism and who has resorted to spreading conspiracy theories about fellow community members, and Nathan Thompson - who thinks the US education system created the concept of dinosaurs, and who thinks some shadowy global elite still practice human sacrifice and drink blood....

Well worth a watch.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Completely agree.

Yeah but if we are now changing the names of films to suit ourselves then surely we could be more creative. 

Top Gun - Flying closet bastards 

King Kong - Massive gorilla cunt rampage 

ET - The loveable Alien fucker with the glowing finger 

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - The Good, The Bad and General Dryness 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Behind The Curve - 7.5/10.

I thought it was a very sympathetic treatment of the Flat Earth community on the whole. You could see that a lot of them were lonely people just looking for a place to belong and be accepted for themselves.

Highlights are Jeranism and Bob, who manage to prove the Earth is round with a couple of experiments, one with a $20,000 laser gyroscope. Another highlight is the guy who makes the flat earth models - misguided, but a superb craftsman. Then there is Mark Sargent and his pathetically amusing wardrobe of slogan t-shirts and inability to operate a NASA simulator, and finally the scientists interviewed who came across superbly in their willingness to reach out to the FE community.

Two notable exceptions were Matt Powerland - a crazed YouTube knobhead who’d decided he was the Stephen Hawking of Flat Earthism and who has resorted to spreading conspiracy theories about fellow community members, and Nathan Thompson - who thinks the US education system created the concept of dinosaurs, and who thinks some shadowy global elite still practice human sacrifice and drink blood....

Well worth a watch.

I watched this last week. It was worth it just for the very last scene.

7 hours ago, Ted said:

Spder-Man: Into The Spiderverse - 9/10. Loved it. Fucking brilliant. Superb post credits scene too, which had me pissing myself laughing.

Agreed a must watch for anyone with even a mild interest in comic book / super hero films. A visual treat!

20 hours ago, Ted said:

Spder-Man: Into The Spiderverse - 9/10. Loved it. Fucking brilliant. Superb post credits scene too, which had me pissing myself laughing.

Yep, took my girl to see this and we all loved it. Really well done.

Went to see Green Book with my missus on Friday after seeing a trailer when we saw bohemian rhapsody and thinking it looked good, then hearing it won the Oscar.

what a load of shit. We left after 40 minutes so no idea if it’s any good overall, but that first 40 minutes was terrible so I can’t imagine it is.

Dross.

2/10 and I’m not sure why I’m even willing to give it that.

7 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Harsh, didn’t deserve any Oscars but very harsh. Why leave a film halfway through. 

He played the old dick through the bottom of the popcorn bucket trick and his missus was hungrier than he anticipated. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Fighting with my family, or whatever it's called 6.8/10, it was pretty good.

I've just watched that. I thought it would be utter shite but I'd give it a solid 7.5, it was funny and heartwarming.

2 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Green Book was very good, best film I’ve seen for a good while. 8.25/10. Viggo Mortenson was brilliant in it I thought.

What did you like about it so much?

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Harsh, didn’t deserve any Oscars but very harsh. Why leave a film halfway through. 

Because we both thought it was dross. If it was on Netflix we’d have turned it off so why not leave?