Quantcast
Rate the last film you watched... - Page 1043 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Elite

Rate the last film you watched...

The Meg

Hoped for Meg with her great tits bouncing out and cheeky shots of her gash, as she bangs away on the drums to Seven Nation Army or Jolene. Sadly not. This was about a shark that, after 10 minutes of the film, you were rooting for, for it to eat everyone and everything, especially the main protagonists of the film.

I'm starting to get irritated by Jason Statham being alive, let alone his acting. 

Shite

1 and a bit/10

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

The Meg

Hoped for Meg with her great tits bouncing out and cheeky shots of her gash, as she bangs away on the drums to Seven Nation Army or Jolene. Sadly not. This was about a shark that, after 10 minutes of the film, you were rooting for, for it to eat everyone and everything, especially the main protagonists of the film.

I'm starting to get irritated by Jason Statham being alive, let alone his acting. 

Shite

1 and a bit/10

Did you mean 1 and a bite/10?

• Upvote 1

Negged, or should that be Megged. You just don't say that about Statham on this forum without consequences.

13 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Michael Clayton - stylish legal drama/thriller. Complex back story with lots of characters intertwined. Well worth a watch - I had never heard of it so perhaps could be others who haven't too who may enjoy it.

8.5/10

I enjoyed this a few years back myself. I think Clooney also directed? Which I think he's very good at too.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Solo

A solid 7/10 for me. Good fun, enjoyable and well worthy of the inevitable sequel. Emilia Clark immense.

I really enjoyed that,  not a fan of Star Wars either.

Michael Clayton is a quality film. I'm trying to get in the mood for some serious watching tonight, so that I can finally get round to viewing Into The Wild, given all of the recommendations.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Michael Clayton is a quality film. I'm trying to get in the mood for some serious watching tonight, so that I can finally get round to viewing Into The Wild, given all of the recommendations.

You don’t need to be too serious for ITW. I’m looking forward to hearing what you think though. Some don’t like it and others love it. 

36 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You don’t need to be too serious for ITW. I’m looking forward to hearing what you think though. Some don’t like it and others love it. 

I have a friend who I recommended ITW to, he bought a copy and gave it to me saying he switched it off after 20 minutes and thought it was shite.

I now pay no credence to anything he has to say about anything.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

I have a friend who I recommended ITW to, he bought a copy and gave it to me saying he switched it off after 20 minutes and thought it was shite.

I now pay no credence to anything he has to say about anything.

I hate him on principle. 

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I enjoyed this a few years back myself. I think Clooney also directed? Which I think he's very good at too.

I think you're right, he did direct it and starred in it. Maybe even sung the theme tune too.

Really good film.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'd like to know if there are any other views on the movie Mandy...I got a really good stream on a movie subscription service I have so I reckon it's available on other movie stream providers...

It's actually supposed to be really good. 7/10 on IMDb, 80% Rotten and 83% on Metacritic.

12 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'd like to know if there are any other views on the movie Mandy...I got a really good stream on a movie subscription service I have so I reckon it's available on other movie stream providers...

She came and she gave without taking but I sent her away.

• Upvote 2

Mission impossible: Fallout. 

For the 1st time in 25 years, I wasn’t pissed off with the wife for asking me to pause it and explain what’s going on every 5 minutes. 

I used to love these films (apart from part 2 which I can’t bring myself to watch for some reason) as they were quite decent and had a plot that made sense but this is utter shite. Mrs 74 used to moan that these were stupid and way over the top and I used to love my smart arsed reply telling her to go and watch Mission Possible instead but this time she’s actually right.  Just a vehicle for Tom showing off doing more extreme stunts with an ending that seems to go on for over 2 hours. 

4/10 Tom Cruise stars as Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt refusing to get old. You can easily miss this one. 

On 9/20/2018 at 9:09 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

Michael Clayton - stylish legal drama/thriller. Complex back story with lots of characters intertwined. Well worth a watch - I had never heard of it so perhaps could be others who haven't too who may enjoy it.

8.5/10

Gave it a go last night after seeing you mention it. 8/10

As you said, well worth a watch.

• Upvote 1

Colossal  - Movie starring Anne Hathaway where the less you know about the plot the better. Quirky film with a different story and you don't usually see such risky scripts. 7 out of 10.

Gifted - Chris Evans plays the uncle of a girl who is exceptionally talented at maths. Had the potential to veer into Hallmark Channel territory but the good quality performances averts that and you're left with a solid, heart-warming film. 7 out of 10.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Colossal  - Movie starring Anne Hathaway where the less you know about the plot the better. Quirky film with a different story and you don't usually see such risky scripts. 7 out of 10.

Gifted - Chris Evans plays the uncle of a girl who is exceptionally talented at maths. Had the potential to veer into Hallmark Channel territory but the good quality performances averts that and you're left with a solid, heart-warming film. 7 out of 10.

If it's the one I'm thinking of it was very good, but like you say most definitely very quirky but all the better for it.

On 9/16/2018 at 11:04 PM, manwiththestick said:

The invisible guest. 8/10. Spanish whodunit thriller about a successful businessman under suspension of killing his lover, his defense team set about cross referencing his story in order to prove his innocence. Very good.

Not a bad film but I spotted the 'twist' as soon as a certain character appeared and it was just a matter of time before the ending materialised.

6.5/10 because it wasn't too hard to actually work out.

Into The Wild. 10/10. 

Amazing film. I thought maybe people were going over the top about it, but I was wrong. Dead wrong. Would be lying if I said I didn't have a little bit of grit in my eye at the end, there. I just wish I'd have seen it at 20 years old, because it's one of those pieces of art (by that I mean book, film, etc) that has you thinking about yourself and the path you have/will take. Right now it's making me feel like I should have been much braver in the path I took. Brilliant recommendation.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Into The Wild. 10/10. 

Amazing film. I thought maybe people were going over the top about it, but I was wrong. Dead wrong. Would be lying if I said I didn't have a little bit of grit in my eye at the end, there. I just wish I'd have seen it at 20 years old, because it's one of those pieces of art (by that I mean book, film, etc) that has you thinking about yourself and the path you have/will take. Right now it's making me feel like I should have been much braver in the path I took. Brilliant recommendation.

Glad you liked it. When I saw you mention the Reese Witherspoon film of similar vibes, but not mention Into the Wild, I figured it’d be good to bring it up just in case. The fact it’s a true story makes it even better. 

*cough* *cough*

SOCIETY!

• Upvote 1