You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Does Jason Statham kill the shark before ze germans get there?

Yep. Hand to fin as well. Statham vs 75” shark my moneys on Statham every time and he didn’t disappoint. Got right up personal. Smashed its chops in he did.

Yep. Hand to fin as well. Statham vs 75” shark my moneys on Statham every time and he didn’t disappoint. Got right up personal. Smashed its chops in he did.

My missus made Jason Statham a cheese toastie once. Her mate was a caterer on the set of one of his films and Mrs D was helping her out. He requested a cheese toastie, and of course being the celebrity obsessive that she is, my better half volunteered to create and deliver said toastie. Before ze germans got there.

Even this brief contact caused her to acquire super powers. And a cockney accent.

Just wait until he stars in a Jurassic Park film. They'll have nowhere to go with their sequels.

Perhaps Jason Statham is the reason why dinosaurs became extinct?

Just wait until he stars in a Jurassic Park film. They'll have nowhere to go with their sequels.

Perhaps Jason Statham is the reason why dinosaurs became extinct?

Chuck Norris has raised an eyebrow to this. Better start running now.

Shooter

Haven't seen this since it came out in 2007 and rewatched it as watching the TV show as remember various aspects, but not all.

Think I enjoyed it more on the 2nd watch. Thought it was good when I first watched it.

Interesting seeing the differences between the film and the TV show, some of which I knew and some that I had forgotten.

Excellent film.

8/10

Saw that avengers shiiii. It was alright if not slightly scattered. Thanos is almost too much of a badass, I’ll have to suspend disbelief to imagine them getting the better of him, which is just not acceptable for a superhero movie - I expect some realism.

I assume there’ll be a second one

7.1/10

Thats the reason why Ant-Man wasn't in the film.

In the next one he's going to crawl up Thanos' arse then press the button to turn into Giant-Man.

Anyone tried Cinema Paradiso?  Thinking of cancelling Netflix and going for this instead.  I don't watch it anywhere near as much as I used to.  Will miss out on the occasional original (but will still probably be able to use a login when I need to).  The quality of licenced films has plummeted since I first joined and think I'd prefer to pick my own.

For trash TV I think working my way through the entire King of the Hill series disk by disk will have me sorted for a while.

I watched Heat again the other day, for the umpteenth time. Great film and all, particularly love the synth, but the older it gets the more it feels like a bit of an antiquated sausage-fest with homoerotic undertones. Not that I mind that or anything.

One scene I don't like is when Waingro murders the prostitute. It's like Mann had to double down on the audience wanting him killed so turned him into a full-blown psychopath.

The cinematography hasn't aged a bit though, and the pacing is superb for the length of film.

Thanos is a great baddie. His goal is reasonable as well.

It is, yeah. I was expecting him to be a complete psychopath but he’s actually considered and pragmatic, and the cause he’s fighting for is sort of virtuous, in a way. Looking forward to see where they take it next

Upgrade

Leigh Whannel (Saw) directs a futuristic movie with a few weird twists and I think it's a bit too clever for it's own good. Well received by critics and gets good reviews on rotten tomatoes but I struggled to get into it.

6/10

Shooter

Haven't seen this since it came out in 2007 and rewatched it as watching the TV show as remember various aspects, but not all.

Think I enjoyed it more on the 2nd watch. Thought it was good when I first watched it.

Interesting seeing the differences between the film and the TV show, some of which I knew and some that I had forgotten.

Excellent film.

8/10

I think it’s a cracking film that stands up well to repeat viewing.

Frequency

Dennis Quaid in a Sci-fi feel good (eventually) twisty turn type romantic drama. 7.23/10

Hereditary

Fifty minutes in and although I am impressed with it, it is very bleak and hard to watch in one sitting. First half 7.15/10

Turbo Kid. Was on the Horror Channel last night, only a third into this and will watch the rest later so unable to score right now but oh my god how have I not seen this already, it's bloody brilliant.

Set in a post apocalyptic 1997, to an 80's style synth score it's essentially a Mad Max meets BMX Bandits b-movie. The lead girl is really engaging giving off Harley Quinn like vibes and with added Michael Ironside in full 80's baddy style to ham it up as the villian.