You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Paddington 2 8.5/10

Absolutely brilliant, just as good if not better than the original. Two great films so far in this series and Hugh Grant nails the part as the villain in this one.

Charming and touching film with quite a few slide splitting funny moments. Just great.

Brilliant movie for both kids and adults.

It really is good, 9/10 for me.

Lots of humour and the fact it nearly turned in to a Wes Anderson film half way through was a bonus.

Agree it’s utterly charming and probably Hugh Grants best film to date.

Recommended

Infinity War - 5/10

Fuck that cliffhanger. Kevin Feige said years back "But I wouldn't call it one story that's cut in half. I would say it's going to be two distinct movies." Well that to me is completely fucking stupid after watching that. 5/10 because I think it's only half of a story. Was actually enjoying it until they fucked the end like that.

Am more interested in Captain Marvel than whatever happens next with this.

Punch-Drunk Love - I absolutely adore this film, second only to Magnolia in PT Anderson’s filmography in my opinion. The man is a genius, he got a brilliant performance out of Adam Sandler for fuck sake.

Anderson hasn’t made a bad film yet. Apparently his next project currently has a 600 page script, which is 10 hours of screen time. He may need to trim it a tad.

• Upvote 2

Now that I've chilled out after the ending of Infinity War doing my head in, I'd say it's more of a 6-6.5/10 than 5/10. 5 seems a bit too off after everything that came before it. That's almost purely because of Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor though, thought they were awesome and also had some good laughs watching them. The end that I loathed shouldn't be allowed to tarnish that. Have never even watched a Thor film but he was the standout actor and character in that for me, brilliant.

Spoiler (someone once said tags didn't work for them so just saying) :

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I especially liked the bit when Thor and Guardians got to Wakanda and Thor started fighting. His rage seemed so believable after what we'd seen him go through and I thought it just worked amazingly.

The ending that I thought was bad still ruins the film for me because I honestly thought you'd have a situation where ok, we know these two films go together but they can still be enjoyed on their own. I can't enjoy an Avengers film that ends like that on its own though, it just didn't work for me. Also, Wanda is probably my fave character out of them all and Strange one of my favourites from the rest, so seeing how it finished for them probably sparked me off more than usual. I get that it's nothing final by the looks of it, still didn't like it though.

Repped, but There Will Be Blood is still better for me.

I watched this and it left me confused. No doubt Daniel Day Lewis plays a blinder but the film just doesn't move. Its weird and fucked up. 

Reservoir Dogs was on last night. Cant believe some people on here don't rate it. Mr Pink's character (Steve Buscemi) steals the show for me. 

8.8 dogs out of 10. 

There Will Be Blood is a masterpiece. Great score as well from the Radiohead chap.

I watched Psycho III on Sunday night, Anthony Perkins directed it & it's a bit of a B movie, 80s remake of the original really. Enjoyable pish, 5/10. 

Absolutely not trying to piss on anyone’s chips here, but I thought There Will Be Blood was awful. The most detestable, emperor’s new clothes, pretentious shite. In fact I think that director is wildly overrated. I’ve only ever rated two of his: Magnolia and Punch Drunk Love. I thought Boogie Nights was ridiculously over-hyped too

Ingrid Goes West - Black comedy with Aubrey Plaza as a mentally disturbed woman who becomes obsessed with Elizabeth Oslen's Instagram celebrity and moves to L.A. to try and get closer to her. It's quite a smart film with commentary on people's obsession with social media, how much of a facade social media really is and mental illness in the modern world. Aubrey Plaza can play this sort of role in her sleep and she balances the comedy and tragedy of Ingrid well. Elizabeth Oslen also captures the vacuousness of social media 'personalities' without resorting to absolute caricature. It's an odd subject matter and tone but it works. 7.5 out of 10.

• Upvote 1

Ingrid Goes West - Black comedy with Aubrey Plaza as a mentally disturbed woman who becomes obsessed with Elizabeth Oslen's Instagram celebrity and moves to L.A. to try and get closer to her. It's quite a smart film with commentary on people's obsession with social media, how much of a facade social media really is and mental illness in the modern world. Aubrey Plaza can play this sort of role in her sleep and she balances the comedy and tragedy of Ingrid well. Elizabeth Oslen also captures the vacuousness of social media 'personalities' without resorting to absolute caricature. It's an odd subject matter and tone but it works. 7.5 out of 10.

I forgot all about watching that! Its a good film.

Isle of Dogs

Good quirky fun from start to finish, especially if you like dogs. Probably terribly culturally inappropriate, but it's done with love so that's ok by me. Would be interesting to see it broadcast in Japan though - how would the subtitles work on the Japanese that is translated into English?

8/10

Baby Driver

I've always thought Kevin Spacey is a bit overrated - and obviously being a bit of a rapey letch means we probably won't see much of him any more, but he's good in this. I also liked Jon Hamm and Jamie Foxx (criminally underused in the movie making business) and didn't even hate Baby.

Just a couple of plot/character motivation things that annoyed me a bit, but mostly good watchable stuff.

7/10

The Borderlands - most of it, 7/10; last 10 minutes, 0/10.

I know it's difficult to have a satisfactory ending with horror, but fuck me, what on earth was THAT?

They died in a Church's colon?

I think it was the gullet of a demon which lived under the church, or something. Either way I love the ending to that film