You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

oo liked that film. Beat at his best.

It certainly is.

Last night I went to watch The Warriors. It wouldn't work in my DVD player, so I give it a 2. I had seen it before though, and it's actually a 9.0173.

Instead I watched Sherrybaby. Maggie's nipples are not enough to save it from being quite dull.

The Navigator. A low budget New Zealand film set first in The Dark Ages then they tunnel through to a "modern day" (Eighties) New Zealand city. Was quite bizarre with the colour bits being fantasy and the B/W being reality of the horror of The Plague. I liked it; my flat mate hated it. 8/10.

Saw Sweeny Todd yesterday. Enjoyed it a lot. Plot didnt follow the truth all that closely, and it was a musical, but it was funny ang generally very enjoyable.

oh, and Helena Bonham Carter is a minx.

8/10

EDIT: thought i would add this in case anyone disagreed about the minxness.

hbc.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just watched the Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford.

I thought it was brilliant, absolutely loved it. Brad Pitt is amazing as Jesse James so is Casey Affleck as Robert Ford.

It's not a fast paced Western movie with shootouts it's an insight into Jesse James in his final years and what led up to his death. 9 out of 10

The last film I watched was Monty Python's The Life of Brian, after I watched a documentary the other day that was on recently about the hubub it caused amongst the religious types when it came out. The documentary was almost as funny as the film. The film, being easily the best film of all time, scores a 0 out of 0.

Not being a movie anorak, I had no idea until the documentary that George Harrison bankrolled the whole project after the big US movie types shit their pants at the script, hence George Harrison is the best Beatle, and in fact, scouser of all time.