You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

15 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Started watching some film with Danny Dyer called vendetta. He's ex special forces and he comes back to London to kill the slags that set his mum and dad on fire.

It was the worst dialogue I've ever heard on telly, it made Doctors look like the Sopranos.

Despite this it was strangely compelling. I think that's Danny Dyer's USP, he's so bad he's amusingly good.

I'm going to admit to "quite" liking the whole Rise of the Footsoldier series. Mainly because the core trio of Essex Boys (Tate, Rolfe and Tucker) are played so OTT and so caricatured it is hilarious. And the fella who plays Tony Tucker has a wig that you can only dream about. Rise of the Footsoldier 4 | Indiegogo 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I'm going to admit to "quite" liking the whole Rise of the Footsoldier series. Mainly because the core trio of Essex Boys (Tate, Rolfe and Tucker) are played so OTT and so caricatured it is hilarious. And the fella who plays Tony Tucker has a wig that you can only dream about. Rise of the Footsoldier 4 | Indiegogo 

The first Rise of the Footsoldier is a really good film. Dark as fuck. I've only seen the Marbella spin off and yeah it's a complete pisstake. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The Infiltrator 

Bryan Cranston goes undercover with the Colombian cartels. I suppose it's ok, worth the one watch. Could have been better. 6/10. 

Den of Thieves

Watched this again last night. Still very good. 7.5/10 

Den Of Thieves is a very good heist movie.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Yeah I do too, they're funny as fuck in their over the topness.

You cant

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The Infiltrator 

Bryan Cranston goes undercover with the Colombian cartels. I suppose it's ok, worth the one watch. Could have been better. 6/10. 

Den of Thieves

Watched this again last night. Still very good. 7.5/10 

Saw that Infiltrator a while back and it was pretty disappointing. Not bad but far from great.

3 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Carter

What in the love of fuck is this film supposed to be?

Nauseating special effects, a plot that's more fucked than Jordans scabby minge and basically all round mental.

0/10 

I saw the trailer for that abs thought it was going to be epic. Turned it off after 45 minutes. The idea that it's supposed to be a one shot film yet the edits are so clear. It just gave me motion sickness

10 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Top Gun: Maverick. 8.5/10

Perfect sequel and perfect amount of ridiculous shit. A few cheesy bits but that’s what you get with Top Gun. If you like the first, you’ll probably like this. 

I’d go further than that to suggest that even if you didn’t like the first one you will like this. It’s far less cheesy, much more actiony and deals with the whole “35 years later” thing brilliantly. Plus the scene with Val Kilmer is genuinely moving, even without being aware of his real life illness and its impact on his career. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

I’d go further than that to suggest that even if you didn’t like the first one you will like this. It’s far less cheesy, much more actiony and deals with the whole “35 years later” thing brilliantly. Plus the scene with Val Kilmer is genuinely moving, even without being aware of his real life illness and its impact on his career. 

Yeah, you’re probably right about that Paul. And there’s some genuinely stunning cinematography, the in-plane stuff is something else. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, you’re probably right about that Paul. And there’s some genuinely stunning cinematography, the in-plane stuff is something else. 

The lack of CGI is very noticeable and it’s all the better for it. 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

The lack of CGI is very noticeable and it’s all the better for it. 

Did you ever see the small documentary style trailer they did about the cameras and rigs they used. Cruise is actually certified pilot, and I think qualified in the F18s if I remember correctly, it made for that realistic feel. And what casting on Goose’s kid. Miles Teller is a good actor I think. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Did you ever see the small documentary style trailer they did about the cameras and rigs they used. Cruise is actually certified pilot, and I think qualified in the F18s if I remember correctly, it made for that realistic feel. And what casting on Goose’s kid. Miles Teller is a good actor I think. 

He bought a house near where I live in an area called Westerham. One of my driving students, her dad is a pilot and he was in Biggin Hill airport when a helicopter landed and it was Tom Cruise landing it. Probably did a fair bit of flying in and out of Biggin Hill airport.

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

He bought a house near where I live in an area called Westerham. One of my driving students, her dad is a pilot and he was in Biggin Hill airport when a helicopter landed and it was Tom Cruise landing it. Probably did a fair bit of flying in and out of Biggin Hill airport.

You posh twat. Used to drive through there leaving Bickley to get to the M25, turn right at the airport then down into the hills full of golf courses and huge houses. Cycled all round there as well, there is a huge place with a sign at the end of the drive called 'r*ngers'. I'm sure the Ann Summers factory is near there as well, on the way out of Westerham.