You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Since when have you liked anything that the majority like? 

I like loads of popular stuff.

I just thought the film would be crap based on what folk were saying at the time & it was ok.

5 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

The Gray Man. 9/10. Ryan Gosling CIA action movie. One of the best films I've seen in ages.

Billy Bob very good as well.

Great chase, fight and action scenes, didn't think Gosling had it in him, very Bourneish.

I think this is the only popular review I've seen of it.  Been savaged elsewhere calling it predictable and boring.  Having seen the trailer it does look like a more of the same action movie, but may give it a whirl when I've got a couple of hours to kill*.

*when the kids go back to school and I can work from home and fill my time watching films in peace.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

The Gray Man. 9/10. Ryan Gosling CIA action movie. One of the best films I've seen in ages.

Great chase, fight and action scenes, didn't think Gosling had it in him, very Bourneish.

I'd been put off by reviews on here but I might give this a go later. 

That first Bourne film is superb by the way. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Furmedge said:

when the kids go back to school and I can work from home and fill my time watching films in peace.

They've only just started them haven't they?

Kids could watch this I think, no sex or swearing, violence not gory or over the top.

8 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

They've only just started them haven't they?

Kids could watch this I think, no sex or swearing, violence not gory or over the top.

You've not met my kids.  One requires 100% attention and the other just walks downstairs asking inane questions.

Yeah, The Gray Man was perfectly fine for a popcorn movie. You don't have to engage your brain too much and it's got more than serviceable action sequences. Wasn't too much of a fan of the drone camera shots but it'll easily keep you entertained of a night.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

I posted accidentally in the TV thread after watching it Friday night. I think you're being very generous with the 9/10 but I disagree on some poor reviews I've seen.

It's a brainless action/chase film and I went into it with zero expectation and like most Netflix films I expected to be turning off after 15 minutes so I was surprised that I stayed to the end.

It's a 7/10 film, decent enough but not one you'd be in a rush to watch again.

Just now, manwiththestick said:

I posted accidentally in the TV thread after watching it Friday night. I think you're being very generous with the 9/10 but I disagree on some poor reviews I've seen.

It's a brainless action/chase film and I went into it with zero expectation and like most Netflix films I expected to be turning off after 15 minutes so I was surprised that I stayed to the end.

It's a 7/10 film, decent enough but not one you'd be in a rush to watch again.

7 bottles of Becks may well have influenced my score but compared to Doctor Strange I watched on Saturday it was very enjoyable.