You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Elvis - 8.5/10

Being born in the mid 80's I never fully understood the cultural significance of Elvis, I've seen him gyrating onstage in his flamboyant outfits and know he's an icon etc but never really knew his story. This movie fills in all the gaps and gives a real insight of what unfolded behind all the big Vegas shows and his what led to his death.

Austin Butler puts in an Oscar worthy performance as Elvis, Tom Hanks is great as usual despite his shit accent (which sounded like Adam Sandler in The Waterboy at times) and the direction of the movie is top class 

It's on for 2 hours 40 minutes but manages to stay engaging throughout. Enjoyed this immensely despite not being an Elvis fan.

As a sidenote, it's been a great month of movie releases with Top Gun Maverick, The Black Phone and Elvis. 

On 28/06/2022 at 16:04, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Been on a bit of a horror movie trip this last while.

Conjuring 1 and 2 are decent. 7/10.

Annabelle is shite. 3/10.

Watching Insidious so far and its decent too. 7/10

Insidious terrified me. Proper freaked me out. There have been a few decent horrors the last decade or so - It Follows, the Babadook, Hereditary, Paranormal Activity all spring to mind. 

16 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Insidious terrified me. Proper freaked me out. There have been a few decent horrors the last decade or so - It Follows, the Babadook, Hereditary, Paranormal Activity all spring to mind. 

I like Insidious. Until the end with that fucking demon. But yeah, tip toe through the window through the tulips....... creepy as fuck. Rose Byrne is superb in it. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I like Insidious. Until the end with that fucking demon. But yeah, tip toe through the window through the tulips....... creepy as fuck. Rose Byrne is superb in it. 

I'm pretty sure they guy responsible for Insidious and The Conjuring was one of the two guys who made Saw. 

On 19/06/2022 at 01:50, John102 said:

Spiderhead 4/10

A pretty dull, film very little story to speak of. Somehow manages to eek out an hour and forty mins.

I actually went onto Netflix to watch Hustle, so feel doubly annoyed now.

If only I'd read this first I wouldn't have wasted 20 minutes. Didn't have a clue what the storyline was. Fuckraroff Netflix.

A Day To Die - -5/10. Yes, that’s a minus five. At this point I think Netflix are engaged in some sort of social experiment in which the public bear witness to the tail end of the slow, inexorable death of Bruce Willis’ career. I managed twenty minutes so you don’t have to. Surely the last decent film Kevin Dillon made was There’s Something About Mary. He looks like he’s been filled with so much Botox he can no longer move his face or body. And what the fuck is Frank Grillo doing slumming it in this shit? He can’t need the money. It can only be a favour to a mate. Awful dialogue. Action sequences that are like 12 year olds making a home movie. And the worst CGI explosions I’ve ever seen. Swerve.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

A Day To Die - -5/10. Yes, that’s a minus five. At this point I think Netflix are engaged in some sort of social experiment in which the public bear witness to the tail end of the slow, inexorable death of Bruce Willis’ career. I managed twenty minutes so you don’t have to. Surely the last decent film Kevin Dillon made was There’s Something About Mary. He looks like he’s been filled with so much Botox he can no longer move his face or body. And what the fuck is Frank Grillo doing slumming it in this shit? He can’t need the money. It can only be a favour to a mate. Awful dialogue. Action sequences that are like 12 year olds making a home movie. And the worst CGI explosions I’ve ever seen. Swerve.

It's Matt Dillon that's in Something about Mary, Kevin was in Entourage.

Been tricked into watching The Princess because Dominic cooper is in it and Kodi reported it as 80% on rotten tomatoes, it lied. 

Absolute garbage, one 90 minute sword fight with terrible acting from all involved.

Definitely one for the strong, independent ladies out there and no fucker else.

Errrm 1/10