You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

13 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Don't know why modern French cinema isn't more popular around these parts.

Intouchables, Martyrs, Portrait of A Lady On Fire, and Petite Maman are all sensational.

Mind you, I thought last year's critically acclaimed Titane was dogshit.

La Haine 

Full film on You Tube free here

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Deepwater Horizon. Solid true story 8/10.

Marky Mark Wahlberg  plays engineer as this oil rig went to shit due to BP greed chasing the oily dollar. Excellent film if like me you where involved in health and safety.

Didn't realise there was LFE, I'm on it.

11 hours ago, Elite said:

I'm glad you used the past tense. The Turkish eradicate ear hair with fire and that's not even in their own country, so fuck knows what shenanigans they get upto there.

I just close my eyes here. You know there are problems when the roofer asks if you have a ladder. Electrical work? No need to isolate.

Scary shit, but excellent at PPE signage on building sites.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Don't know why modern French cinema isn't more popular around these parts.

Intouchables, Martyrs, Portrait of A Lady On Fire, and Petite Maman are all sensational.

Mind you, I thought last year's critically acclaimed Titane was dogshit.

A Prophet,Mesrine 1 and 2.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Stouffer said:

Learning From Experience; where I work all the other H&S chummers constantly go on about LFE.

Nice one never heard it before.

I always described myself as the wanker with the clipboard as I knew that was said as soon as I moved away! Used to take a stopwatch sometimes and say "don't worry about me, just carry on" used to wind them up to fuck.

Place I worked were going to do a total factory overhaul, some Japanese name I can't remember that means "big change" The top managers discussed how many workers would be killed? Never happened as the American owners shut the place, lives saved though.

• Upvote 1

Mesrine is brilliant.

Don't to it in advance, but then look into the guy more afterwards, one seriously interesting life that guy had. 

Obviously there are some things which aren't necessarily accurate, or that are from stories he told so not 100% guaranteed to be fully factual. But there are things he did where if you look into him afterwards you really have that "holy shit that bit was actually real" moment. 

• Upvote 1