You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

5 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

You're gonna get called a twat.

What for?

I've just realised the line where the air boss is kicking off in the first one and the tea gets spilt over him "God damn it, I want some butts" pretty fucking damning when it comes to the gay backdrop. 

Oh and did anyone else know that Andy Dufresne was in the original? 

5d32189636e03c09086c9e83?width=750&forma

On 18/06/2022 at 23:50, John102 said:

Spiderhead 4/10

A pretty dull, film very little story to speak of. Somehow manages to eek out an hour and forty mins.

I actually went onto Netflix to watch Hustle, so feel doubly annoyed now.

Gave up on it after about 35-40 mins it was that poor.

35 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What for?

I've just realised the line where the air boss is kicking off in the first one and the tea gets spilt over him "God damn it, I want some butts" pretty fucking damning when it comes to the gay backdrop. 

I think it may be for the smart arsed Battlefield Earth reference.

I was aware that Andy Dufresne was in the original. The only other film they've done (Cruise and Robbins) together was War of the Worlds as far as I know.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

What for?

For not thinking its a great film.

It's OK. Maverick wasn't even Top Gun, fuckin loser.

2 hours ago, Elite said:

The Black Phone - 8/10

Thought this was brilliant, everything works and it doesn't outstay it's welcome. Best horror movie I've seen in a good while.

Is that the one with the trailer that has Ethan Hawke in?

17 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Dr Strange 2 - 7.5/10. Enjoyable enough. Raimi managing to shoehorn in a few scenes which will have seen a few younger kids shit their pants. Without spoiling anything - quite an effective main villain.

I preferred Professor Odd.

Jurassic Park Dominion

Near enough remake of the original but this time with added diversity. POC campaigned for years to get better written characters and now they get the same shit served up every time.

Men - always 2nd in command to despot and turn out to be nice people in the end. 

Women - aggressive muscled loud mouth with added lesbian tendencies with a soft centre at the end.

Fell asleep during the first half hour and then endured a family conversation in full voice behind me further fuelling my hatred for public entertainment. What happened to the lost art of whispering in the pics.

6/10 - tension free but the grandson loved it and it’s made for them tbf. Shit himself a few times when the dinosaurs got angry so if your kids are little Nancy’s like him be warned. 

27 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Deepwater Horizon. Solid true story 8/10.

Marky Mark Wahlberg  plays engineer as this oil rig went to shit due to BP greed chasing the oily dollar. Excellent film if like me you where involved in health and safety.

I'm glad you used the past tense. The Turkish eradicate ear hair with fire and that's not even in their own country, so fuck knows what shenanigans they get upto there.

On 25/06/2022 at 11:39, Red74 said:

Jurassic Park Dominion

Near enough remake of the original but this time with added diversity. POC campaigned for years to get better written characters and now they get the same shit served up every time.

Men - always 2nd in command to despot and turn out to be nice people in the end. 

Women - aggressive muscled loud mouth with added lesbian tendencies with a soft centre at the end.

Fell asleep during the first half hour and then endured a family conversation in full voice behind me further fuelling my hatred for public entertainment. What happened to the lost art of whispering in the pics.

6/10 - tension free but the grandson loved it and it’s made for them tbf. Shit himself a few times when the dinosaurs got angry so if your kids are little Nancy’s like him be warned. 

Apart from it having dinosaurs in it I didn't think it was anything like the original. I suppose you sleeping through a load of it doesn't help your perception. 

2482_sb_00031r-2000.jpg&q=60

Bryce.jpg?w=1200&h=630&crop=1&quality=86

Gty_Bryce_Howard_mm_150612_16x9_1600.jpg

91ef3fe7af9836b487807f643353cdc5.gif

bryce-dallas-howard.jpg?format=jpg&quali

bryce-dallas-howard.jpg

EaDT3JGWoAINT8h.jpg

Bryce-Dallas-Howard-hot-pic.jpg

Bryce-Dallas-Howard-Butt-Pics.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 15/01/2022 at 09:25, YorkshireRed said:

Nomadland.

I very much enjoyed this. It’s been a while since a film touched me on as many levels as this one did. 

For me it’s about; grief, hope, possibility, nonconformity, kindness, community and perseverance. Others will take different things from it, I’m sure. 

Beautifully made with some breathtaking scenery. Frances Mcdormand is her usual brilliant self, but the stories from real Nomads that are woven into the film are the icing on the cake. One in particular made me weep.

Probably won’t be for everyone but for me…

9/10.

Was that at the flicks or on TV/streaming? 

sounds like one to put on the list.

2 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Was that at the flicks or on TV/streaming? 

sounds like one to put on the list.

Gosh, it was a while ago. Definitely wasn’t at the Cinema but can’t remember which platform we watched it on. Wasn’t a dodgy stream though, one of the ‘proper’ ones.

It was very good.