You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Boiling Point, cracking movie that has come from a stage to screen. Reminds me a little of the film with Michael Keaton - I think Birdman. But the only birds in this are in the kitchen being cooked or waiting on tables. 8/10.

House of Gucci.

Not sure why but this appealed to me so decided to give it a watch. 

Marked down because it was a bit too long. Also, I don’t know what Aldo and Paolo Gucci were like in real life, but I thought that Al Pacino and Jared Leto’s portrayal of them was a bit hammy and OTT. Saying that, the role of Paolo Gucci in the film was quite entertaining. 

Extra points added due to a couple of excellent scenes played by Lady Gaga’s surprisingly ample breasts. She’s actually quite fit in it. Plus, points added for Adam Driver’s wonderful hair and the costume department’s role in generally making him look like a suave mo-fo. 

Overall, I quite enjoyed it. A solid film. 

7.1/10

3 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

House of Gucci.

Not sure why but this appealed to me so decided to give it a watch. 

Marked down because it was a bit too long. Also, I don’t know what Aldo and Paolo Gucci were like in real life, but I thought that Al Pacino and Jared Leto’s portrayal of them was a bit hammy and OTT. Saying that, the role of Paolo Gucci in the film was quite entertaining. 

Extra points added due to a couple of excellent scenes played by Lady Gaga’s surprisingly ample breasts. She’s actually quite fit in it. Plus, points added for Adam Driver’s wonderful hair and the costume department’s role in generally making him look like a suave mo-fo. 

Overall, I quite enjoyed it. A solid film. 

7.1/10

FTs12cuXoAI2PiT?format=jpg&name=medium

FTvINEpUAAAfBzq?format=jpg&name=small

On 23/05/2022 at 22:58, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Couldn't decide whether to watch Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri or Jojo Rabbit, as I've heard good things about both.

Ended up rewatching Robocop.

Happy enough with my decision.

You made the correct choice. 

Watched The Matrix Resurrections again as I got it recently on blu ray. I'd give it 8/10 I think. Normally the parts I'm not into that much or that I don't like (especially the part where it goes meta near the start and they're working out what the Matrix game is going to be like, it makes me cringe.) would've knocked it down to around 7 but the parts I like and the acting from Mateen, Henwick and Groff elevate it to an 8 for me.

Jackass 4.5

Made me laugh a few times, but there's something strangely pitiable about seeing middle age men doing that kind of thing. The most dangerous thing most of them seem to have done is eschew sun-block their entire lives, as half of them look like they may have skin cancer now.

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Copland 

What a cast, good storyline but so badly executed IMO. I thought I’d seen this years ago but don’t remember anything from it. Really disappointing despite a few good parts. 5/10 

Surprised at that.

I love that film. Maybe give it another go in six months.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Surprised at that.

I love that film. Maybe give it another go in six months.

I just think a film with Keitel, De Niro, Liotta should have been better than it was. If anything Stallone was the best actor in it 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I just think a film with Keitel, De Niro, Liotta should have been better than it was. If anything Stallone was the best actor in it 

I'm going to ram the DVD up my arse.

Imagine living in a town called Copland? You’d be looking over your shoulder every five minutes wondering what you’d done wrong.

Haha, K9 is on ITV. I forgot the soft cunt from Road House is the baddie in this. 

7/10 I love the scene where the dog spots a female dog and he lets him have 10 minutes with her (Probably best a certain poster avoids this film, blood pressure etc). Also some cracking totty in it that I didn't notice when I was about 10. 

Spirited Away - seen this a few times, still an absolute classic, probably my favourite Studio Ghibli film. 9/10

The Adam Project - Netflix time travel hokum with Ryan Reynolds playing his standard "wisecracking" role, and a kid playing his younger "wisecracking" self.  Zoe Saldana has her standard sci fi nerd wish fulfilment female role.  Mark Ruffalo seems drunk.  Bit of a father/son one this, didn't drag over an hour and half, but it's not good. 5.5/10

The Hunger Games - the boy has recently finished reading the series, so we gave the film of the first one a go.  Apparently pretty close to the book, it has an interesting dark mood for a massive teen franchise type film.  Jennifer Lawrence is always watchable. 7/10

On 25/05/2022 at 21:27, Shooter in the Motor said:

Boiling Point, cracking movie that has come from a stage to screen. Reminds me a little of the film with Michael Keaton - I think Birdman. But the only birds in this are in the kitchen being cooked or waiting on tables. 8/10.

Can't get past Netflix labelling it as a "tense, culinary thriller" i'm afraid.