You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

19 hours ago, Stouffer said:

Downtown Abbey.

Utter, utter shit.

0 wibbly wobbly eggs.

My brother called it that on Friday night in the pub and we got about 25mins of piss taking value out of it. Repped for reminding me.

On 29/04/2022 at 06:44, Red Shift said:

The Shadow In My Eye (Skyggen i mit oje) Also known as ‘The Bombardment’ - 2021 1hr 47mins my rating: 8.5/10 (imdb 7.3/10)

Director: Ole Bornedal. Danish. English subtitles. Netflix.

Outstanding WW2 drama based on a true story. The acting, particularly from the younger kids (key characters in the plot) are superb. I’m always blown away by talented child actors, and there are some of the best in this film. One character, a complicated Nun, is played by Fanny Bornedal, who I suspect is related to the Director. Her performance is absolutely riveting. 

Some great cinematography, as well as good use of CGI (w/o being overbearing)  to reproduce a squadron of Mosquito Bombers on a special bombing raid. 

The tension builds well, and the ending left me gobsmacked.

C530E34B-0CD1-4081-8793-EEAEED562752.jpeg

Just watched this thanks to your review, so thanks mate.

Some ropey British accents aside (I watched the original Danish language version), an incredibly jarring and emotional film.

17/20

On 14/03/2022 at 21:35, Paul said:

The Way, Way Back - boss little coming of age film with a cracking cast. 8/10

Oh yes. Amazon Prime. 9/10 easily. 

Thanks for this princess. Absolutely awesome. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. Cried. Mr rb14 loved it too. Praise indeed. Apparently from the same lineage as the extraordinarily brilliant Juno. 

7 hours ago, rb14 said:

Oh yes. Amazon Prime. 9/10 easily. 

Thanks for this princess. Absolutely awesome. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. Cried. Mr rb14 loved it too. Praise indeed. Apparently from the same lineage as the extraordinarily brilliant Juno. 

Just watched, very good (obligatory rating 8/10)

Curious though, what part did you cry at?  I'm trying to train myself to have feelings

• Upvote 1

Against the Sun (Netflix)

US plane has to ditch in the pacific. 3 of them trying to survive on a lifeboat with no food or water. It's based on a true story. From 2014 and I hadn't heard of it before so thought it might be shit but it was decent enough. 6/10. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Against the Sun (Netflix)

US plane has to ditch in the pacific. 3 of them trying to survive on a lifeboat with no food or water. It's based on a true story. From 2014 and I hadn't heard of it before so thought it might be shit but it was decent enough. 6/10. 

I’m guessing they survived otherwise there’d be no story to tell?

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Or the fella filming them lived to tell the tale? 

If so that's a miracle worth exploring. Might even have potential for a whodunnit.

On 29/04/2022 at 06:44, Red Shift said:

The Shadow In My Eye (Skyggen i mit oje) Also known as ‘The Bombardment’ - 2021 1hr 47mins my rating: 8.5/10 (imdb 7.3/10)

Director: Ole Bornedal. Danish. English subtitles. Netflix.

Outstanding WW2 drama based on a true story. The acting, particularly from the younger kids (key characters in the plot) are superb. I’m always blown away by talented child actors, and there are some of the best in this film. One character, a complicated Nun, is played by Fanny Bornedal, who I suspect is related to the Director. Her performance is absolutely riveting. 

Some great cinematography, as well as good use of CGI (w/o being overbearing)  to reproduce a squadron of Mosquito Bombers on a special bombing raid. 

The tension builds well, and the ending left me gobsmacked.

C530E34B-0CD1-4081-8793-EEAEED562752.jpeg

I watched this. Left me pretty traumatised.

7/10

19 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Early night and Jaws 2 in bed. I forgot Larry the Bastard was in this one as well 

EFD1D49C-DF60-416C-B834-EFCC20259D8D.jpeg

Better than I remembered actually. The screaming girl is very fucking annoying. I'd remembered that. Not a patch on the first one of course but easily a 7/10. 

I still can't look at Ellen Brody the same way since reading the original book. Schlaaaag 

1 minute ago, Shitty Arse said:

I love Larry Vaughan. Another amazing rig out there as well.

Hahahahaha he's got some gear thats for sure. Still a bastard. 

The scene where Chief Brody is up in his lookout tower and Larry and some other fella are speaking with investors. next think Chiefs ringing the bell, shouting everybody out and shooting at a load of fish.... Larrys face is superb. He fucking hates him. He wants Brody hung up by his buster browns.