You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

It’s a superb film. The scenes at the Olympic village and the mood Spielberg creates are unreal. The tits on the assassin they kill on the barge are up there with ET making the kids bmx’s fly and the Hudson Ferry scene in war if the worlds for jaw dropping Spielberg scenes for me. Such a fucking waste. 

On a serious note the scene with the girl playing piano and the phone bomb is unreal 

What is it with you and those Israeli's? Tsk tsk

10 hours ago, Pete said:

Marvel's The Eternals.

Shit.

Yeah, it wasn’t great. 

I’m surprised Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings was so well received, I thought it was equally as average as The Eternals.

I do wonder with Marvel, that without some of the original big hitters (Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, I’ve read Hulk isn’t going to be around much longer, who knows where Black Panther will go and Thor can’t have much left to offer…) if some of the remaining franchises will be as likeable as their predecessors.

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I do wonder with Marvel, that without some of the original big hitters (Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, I’ve read Hulk isn’t going to be around much longer, who knows where Black Panther will go and Thor can’t have much left to offer…) if some of the remaining franchises will be as likeable as their predecessors.

This is why it makes sense for them to have introduced the multiverse concept. They can just endlessly reboot popular characters in new universes.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah, it wasn’t great. 

I’m surprised Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings was so well received, I thought it was equally as average as The Eternals.

People forget that the Marvel Cinematic Universe wasn't built on the back of top tier characters, they'd all been sold off to keep Marvel afloat (X-Men, F4, Spiderman), if you weren't a big comic book fan then your only introduction to Iron Man would have been a shit 90's cartoon, and Thor would have been that fella with the stupid outfit who teamed up with Lou Ferrigno.

Hulk is probably the most well known and is the one given the least in terms of additional movies.

Malcom X - 8/10

Despite being 3 and a half hours long it didn't feel that length mostly as everything had a purpose, plus the early year sections gave credence as to who he became.

Delivered with the usual Spike Lee gusto and a great performance as you'd expect from Denzel Washington.

Quite the film and top stuff as a biographical movie, currently on Netflix.

Finally got around to watching the latest Tom Holland Spider-man movies after avoiding them due to hearing about the MCU interweaving and of course Far Away From Home, despite being a sequel, isn't a sequel really as you have had to watch all of The Avengers (i've not seen any) and probably other films to understand what the hell is going on initially. I really liked Homecoming but this whole thing about you needing to watch a load of stuff you aren't interested in just to get a handle on things is irritating, certainly in Far Away From Home.  I like Spider-man, i just don't care about the other MCU characters.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Matrix Resurrection

As bad as Tenet. Looks great but pompous as fuck, devoid of any trace of humour, knacker deep right up it's own shitter.

1/10

Not even sure it looks that great (relatively speaking).

Whether you see the original matrix as some deep philosophical story or a very good action flick at the very least the fight scenes and visuals were top, top tier.

The fight scenes in this were shocking and while it's not a bad looking film it wasn't exactly visually innovative. 

• Upvote 1

The Tender Bar

Ben Affleck stars as the bar owning uncle, his fatherless nephew hero worships him. Trials and tribulations of growing up.

Bored the shit out of me. So much so that I turned it off after and hour and a bit.

Seen it all before and done so much better.

2/10 Kodi Seren Real Debrid

Titane

I've seen some rave reviews about this French language film, winner of the Cannes Palme d'Ore, so I gave it a go.

Provocative, shocking, perverted and a load of fucking bollocks imo.

A little girl involved in a car crash has a titanium plate inserted in her skull, take it from there.

Shades of Tarantino perhaps. Not one for all the family. Slim pickings atm.

2/10 Kodi Seren Real Debrid

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Promising Young Woman

Fuck me that went a lot darker than I expected it to go. I think Angry said it's a film that will stick with you for a while? I agree. Harrowing, horrible but superb ending. Really decent cast as well. 8/10  

I know it's literally the opposite message of what the film is trying to push, but Carey Mulligan is really fit in it as well. 

Fear street 1666. All 3 films are 7/10 but as a collection that exist together it's easily an 8/10. Thoroughly enjoyable and worth watching and I'll definitely watch them again to put the pieces together.

29 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Fear street 1666. All 3 films are 7/10 but as a collection that exist together it's easily an 8/10. Thoroughly enjoyable and worth watching and I'll definitely watch them again to put the pieces together.

Surely the collection is a 7 if that's the rating you've given each movie in the trilogy?

5 hours ago, Elite said:

Surely the collection is a 7 if that's the rating you've given each movie in the trilogy?

The trilogy is greater than the sum of its parts. They all make the other films a little better with their backward and forward references.

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Promising Young Woman

Fuck me that went a lot darker than I expected it to go. I think Angry said it's a film that will stick with you for a while? I agree. Harrowing, horrible but superb ending. Really decent cast as well. 8/10  

I thought it was very good but I thought that the ending was a cop out