You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

10 hours ago, John102 said:

The new spiderman film. 7/10

I didn't see the last hour as there was a fire alarm in the pictures.

You mean Spiderman didn't come and shut down the fire alarm, saving all the customers' monies? 

39 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

It's A Wonderful Life just finishing on channel 4. Has some bastard been chopping onions...? 10/10

My missus was watching this when I finished work before, honestly I don't know how people can watch it. It's extremely shouty and James Stewart is fucking unbearable. That accent he speaks in is ridiculous.

Thank fuck all this shite will be over with in 48hrs.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mook said:

My missus was watching this when I finished work before, honestly I don't know how people can watch it. It's extremely shouty and James Stewart is fucking unbearable. That accent he speaks in is ridiculous.

How old are your kids now, mate? They must be looking forward to tomorrow?

55 minutes ago, Mook said:

Just count yourself lucky you’re not going to be listening to Cliff Richard Christmas music.

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Their faces in the morning will be worth it mate. Make the most of it - mine are 12 & 14 and basically sent me and the Mrs links to JD sports for the stuff they wanted. That and money.

I enjoy that part of Christmas, it's the three months of incessant shite leading up to it which does my head in.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

You're thinking of Eddie Murphy.

I get them mixed up too 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mook said:

Amen brother Mook. 

• Upvote 1

I've been thinking about The Matrix 4 a bit and I remember now what still bugs me even though I liked it (mainly because I've accepted for quite a while that these issues are probably never getting resolved.)

A lot of it can be summed up in one thing Morpheus says in the first film : "When the Matrix was first built there was a man born inside that had the ability to change what he wanted, to remake the Matrix as he saw fit."

That for me is exactly what's lacking from every film after the first. Neo doesn't really change the matrix itself in any significant way like you'd expect from someone that's supposed to be able to do what Morpheus suggested. The other thing is that there's never any real resolving of the story. There's peace between humans and machines at the end of the third but there's no sign of the matrix itself being wound down or humans being set free. It's just a truce that's then broken for this latest film. Finally Neo at the end of the first film is at the peak of his powers with the way he fights Smith. When does he do anything like that in the sequels? He seems to go downhill from there.

And that's still lacking. Again in this latest film, spoilers from this point so don't read past here if you're still to see Matrix 4 :

Trinity and Neo talk about how they're going to remake things, but will they? Or will we see the same stuff happening again in a potential 5th film? Some new threat from the machines, some more fighting and then what?

Trinity says thanks for being able to have another chance, but will another film really see these characters doing anything that different? If they're going to move the series on or resolve it in any way those things have to be worked on I think.

Cool story bro. It's been bugging me a bit so thought I'd rant and get it out of my head.

Don't look up. 6/10. New on Netflix, a satirical take on how the world would react to an end of days event, DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence as two scientists who discover a massive comet heading to earth for impact in six months, Meryl Streep as the president more concerned with how her telling the world will impact the upcoming voting polls etc. Mark Rylance as the mega rich tech boffin with his solution. It's okay, funny in bits but at just over two hours I felt it could have been shorter.

I thought I'd join in with the Christmas spirit and watch a heart warming film to get me in the mood.

I Spit on Your Grave (2010)- 5.5/10. Gruesome and awful during the hard-to-watch psychological torture and gang rape scenes, than cathartic during the revenge killings. An effectively done thriller, although the former victim appears to have been reborn as some sort of superwoman who can survive in the swampy wilderness for weeks without money, food or clothes and concoct a revenge plan.

• Upvote 1