You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

I went out for a few jars on Friday night. Unfortunately this led to Saturday having a top 5 all time hangover. Didn’t manage to get out of bed (except for toilet visits for shit and/or spew) until 4pm.

Fortunately, my missus was out on Saturday night and the daughter was at a sleepover at a friends house, so me and the boy got in a delivery from Sal’s Authentic New York Pizza and stuck on The Fellowship of the Ring (he’s just finished reading the books for the first time).

Considering it’s twenty years old the cinematography/effects, etc hold up brilliantly well. The character development was a bit worse than I remember - especially outside of Frodo/Sam/Gandalf/Aragorn. I seem to remember posting once that I thought Orlando Bloom did a decent job as Legolas, but maybe I was wrong, he’s pretty terrible, although perhaps he gets better in the later films. Sean Bean is pretty good.

The boy liked it, and didn’t complain about the lack of Tom Bombadil.

I’ll give it 8/10

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Last Night In Soho is an 8/10 for me. You may score it a bit lower if you don't love the style and music of the 1960s or Anya Taylor Joy. It's made by Edgar Wright and is a psychological horror film I guess. Less laughs than Shaun Of The Dead but two more Smiths cover stars. The girl out of Jojo Rabbit is excellent and it may well be the last performance of Diana Rigg. 

2 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Last Night In Soho is an 8/10 for me. You may score it a bit lower if you don't love the style and music of the 1960s or Anya Taylor Joy. It's made by Edgar Wright and is a psychological horror film I guess. Less laughs than Shaun Of The Dead but two more Smiths cover stars. The girl out of Jojo Rabbit is excellent and it may well be the last performance of Diana Rigg. 

Awful film and clearly created by a focus group of people who’ve never been to Soho who were asked the simple question ‘What do you imagine Soho to be like?’ 

On 21/11/2021 at 01:55, cloggypop said:

It is and i assumed that was why the film is dedicated to her at the start. I thought this was decent enough as well, nicely filmed, a great soundtrack and the Jojo Rabbit girl did a fantastic job of that slide into madness/paranoia. The end wasn't great though. 6.5/10

14 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Stronghold 7/10.

Decent French Crime/Action film on Netflix.

The Trip 7/10.

Norwegian/Swedish comedy/action/horror film on Netflix again. Gory fun starring Noomi Rapace and Aksel Hennie.

Stronghold is on my list looks decen from the trailer I saw.

3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Without remorse 2/10.

I thought it was going to be a Jack Ryan but it's same author Tom Clancy, made for Amazon 

The best, toughest, blah blah navy seals caper.

Shit story, shit cast, shit locations. Shit choice.

Agree I was so disappointed with it , load of bollocks.

• Upvote 1

On 22/10/2019 at 16:05, Bjornebye said:

Seriously. If you haven't seen End of Watch - get it watched.

The end. 

This is on Netflix now. If you like US Cop films then you need to watch this if you haven't. Funny, brutal the lot. Solid 8/10. 

91KxTy-sMAL._AC_SY445_.jpg

• Upvote 1

Master & commander 

Been putting this off since it came out as a mate of mine still swears to this day it’s the best film ever.

Its good like but not that good.

Russel Crowe is as brilliant as ever. Is he under-rated? 

anyway

7.7 shipmates out of 10 me hearties 

30 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Master & commander 

Been putting this off since it came out as a mate of mine still swears to this day it’s the best film ever.

Its good like but not that good.

Russel Crowe is as brilliant as ever. Is he under-rated? 

anyway

7.7 shipmates out of 10 me hearties 

Really enjoyed it too.

Have you ever see In The Heart of The Ocean? I think that's even better imo.