You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Just watched Finch starring Tom Hanks ,a dog and a robot. Just a pointless movie.

I'm watching this tonight, it has good reviews. Going to have to manage my expectations. 

No Time To Die

I've never been the biggest Bond fan but I've really enjoyed the last 3 or 4 films, this was no exception.

All the old Bond clichés are present but NTTD wears its heart on its sleeve unapologetically. Big, bold and exhilarating, just as it should be.

Farewell Daniel Craig as Bond too, in my eyes he's overtaken Connery as the best Bond ever.

8/10 Kodi Seren Real Debrid

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

No Time To Die - 7/10. A good farewell to Craig’s Bond but it won’t be troubling the best Bond films. I know it’s a bit of a clearing the decks exercise for a reboot, but can we have Ana de Armas back, please. Fit as fuck and her character could be so much fun.

• Upvote 1

On 26/08/2016 at 14:39, Bjornebye said:

Imperium. Daniel Radcliffe going undercover for the FBI with White Supremacists. Had the makings of a decent film and surprisingly he pulls his character off ok despite looking 12 all the time. The middle looked like it was going to get fucking good then it just went shit and the ending was a load of shite. It just forgot a few sub-plots that were happening and that was it. Another hour longer and a bit more creativity and it could have been very good. 4/10. 

Watched this again last night and I stand by the above word for word. Could have been so much better. 

19 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Watched this again last night and I stand by the above word for word. Could have been so much better. 

Why did you watch a film you rated as 4/10 a second time? Surely life’s too short for that, Shirley?

On 07/11/2021 at 15:02, YorkshireRed said:

The kids watched the original version of The Thing last night. I’ve never seen it but I asked for their ratings anyway.

Kid One: 9.5/10

Kid Two: As a horror film, 10/10. In general 9/10.

Kid Two also admitted he had to leave the room twice. 

Ok I'll be the arsey one.

Do you mean the original (The Thing From Another World 1951) or the remake (The Thing 1982)?

I assume that you mean the latter

• Upvote 1

On 07/11/2021 at 15:02, YorkshireRed said:

The kids watched the original version of The Thing last night. I’ve never seen it but I asked for their ratings anyway.

Kid One: 9.5/10

Kid Two: As a horror film, 10/10. In general 9/10.

Kid Two also admitted he had to leave the room twice. 

Ok I'll be the arsey one.

Do you mean the original (The Thing From Another World 1951) or the remake (The Thing 1982)?

I assume that you mean the latter

17 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Why did you watch a film you rated as 4/10 a second time? Surely life’s too short for that, Shirley?

I knew I'd seen it but couldn't remember it, she fancied watching it, wish I'd checked my review on here first 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Mortal Kombat 

The best shit film I’ve seen in years. 

Some terrible acting mixed in with some boss fight scenes.

Well worth wasting 2 hours on.

10/10

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it on here on this thread, but I was smashed on an airplane overnight flight, on about three different timezones and really all over the place, and watched this.

I cried at least twice.

You nailed it, the best shit film in a while.

Passing

Two childhood acquaintances bump into each other in a Manhattan restaurant, one barely recognises the other because she is a black woman "passing" herself for white.

A very interesting notion and film, spearheaded by two superb performances from Tessa Thompson and Ruth Negga, alongside an outstanding supporting cast.

Filmed in black and white with a 4:3 aspect ratio, this only adds to the grittiness and authenticity. The soundtrack is superb too.

The film also left me with Hitchcock / Vertigo vibes, I wonder if I'm the only one?

Excellent 8/10 Kodi Seren Real Debrid

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Passing

Two childhood acquaintances bump into each other in a Manhattan restaurant, one barely recognises the other because she is a black woman "passing" herself for white.

A very interesting notion and film, spearheaded by two superb performances from Tessa Thompson and Ruth Negga, alongside an outstanding supporting cast.

Filmed in black and white with a 4:3 aspect ratio, this only adds to the grittiness and authenticity. The soundtrack is superb too.

The film also left me with Hitchcock / Vertigo vibes, I wonder if I'm the only one?

Looks interesting, that. There's an old one I want to see, Imitation of Life, that covers the same sort of ground.

11 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Passing

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Looks interesting, that. There's an old one I want to see, Imitation of Life, that covers the same sort of ground.

Really worth watching, based on a book of the same name from the 20's.

Agree with everything CD says, beautifully put together film and raises soem really interesting questions about the nature of race and how it's entirely a construct.

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Captain Phillips.

Pretty decent suspense/action flick, lifted above the average by the medical debrief scene at the end, which is one of the most powerful and brilliantly acted scenes I've seen for a long time.

I enjoyed that movie. Watched Man on Fire again the other night. The Denzil Washington one. One of my all time faves.

Mortal Kombat - A bit of a gamble making a Mortal Kombat movie without the actual tournament in it but it just about works. A fairly faithful adaptation of what is a fun but silly video game series, this hits all the right notes with appearances from most of the classic characters and holds back the most famous character and catchphrase until the end. More fun that it had any right to be and they got the fatalities right. 7 out of 10