You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

21 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'd say that was quite clever and original myself.

Pretty cliched. There’s loads of films that go with variations on the one man stage show. Strikes me that they saw it simply as a Covid compatible production with a big name. If they spent more than a fortnight in production, I’d be amazed. 

5 hours ago, Stickman said:

As good as Lee Jones is Gary Busey steals the whole film...Although I'm not sure how much of it is acting 

Busey steals every single thing he’s ever been in. Love him. 

“Utah! Get me two!!!”

Interstellar, really enjoyed it, 9/10 I reckon.

Not sure how I missed it first time round as the subject interests me and the reviews are great. Probably cos I'm not a big fan of Matthew Mc even though he is in one of my favourite films of this genre, Contact.  Maybe I just thought it couldn't compare. But it does. Wish I'd have seen it on the big screen.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Paul said:

Pretty cliched. There’s loads of films that go with variations on the one man stage show. Strikes me that they saw it simply as a Covid compatible production with a big name. If they spent more than a fortnight in production, I’d be amazed. 

I watched the Scandanavian original and turned off the Netflix version when I saw it was a remake of it.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Not sure how I missed it first time round as the subject interests me and the reviews are great. Probably cos I'm not a big fan of Matthew Mc even though he is in one of my favourite films of this genre, Contact.  Maybe I just thought it couldn't compare. But it does. Wish I'd have seen it on the big screen.

Superb film, genuinely stunning. 

How can you not like Matthew McConaughey?! He's been in some superb films, always comes across as a decent bloke. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moo said:

I went to the cinema when it came out and felt very underwhelmed by it. 

Off the back of Inception and Batman, I wasn’t expecting Space Odessey-lite.

I only got round to rewatching it recently. I thought it was brilliant.

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Superb film, genuinely stunning. 

How can you not like Matthew McConaughey?! He's been in some superb films, always comes across as a decent bloke. 

Yeah he's ace.

Best voice in the world as well.

Free Guy - 7/10. It's entertaining enough if you like Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds. The idea is just a mish mash of Tron, Ready Player One, The Trueman Show, and Groundhog Day. That said, there are some very funny moments and the romantic part is well done. Oh, and Jodie Cromer, so it gets an extra point.

• Upvote 1

Infinite - 4/10 (8/10 if you are Rog). Amazon Mark Wahlberg action vehicle with a Buddhist sci-fi central mcguffin that would have been ok if they’d have stuck to the first 90 seconds that promised grounded car chases and grounded action, but which quickly escalated into the usual bollocks. Wahlberg gets his shirt off a couple of times, hence the higher mark for RB14.