You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The murder of Stephen Lawrence.

More factual than dramatic than the recent drama.

It's still jaw dropping the levels of incompetence the met got upto.

There are clear parallels between what the family want through(what was he doing there?)and the families of the 96.

The family essentially tried to get justice on their own whilst  the people paid to protect us,were too busy covering up their mistakes.

16 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

The murder of Stephen Lawrence.

More factual than dramatic than the recent drama.

It's still jaw dropping the levels of incompetence the met got upto.

There are clear parallels between what the family want through(what was he doing there?)and the families of the 96.

The family essentially tried to get justice on their own whilst  the people paid to protect us,were too busy covering up their mistakes.

Is that the one from about 1999 with the fella from Rise of the Footsoldier in? 

12 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I've been listening to The Rewatchables podcast a lot, and yesterday listened to the Goodfellas one, brilliant, so last night I put the movie on and watched it again.  Brilliant.  

One thing bugs me still... In the film Jimmy (De Niro) meets Henry Hill (Ray Liotta) when Henry is a teenager, and Jimmy is supposed to be a 20 something.  Jimmy then introduced Henry to Tommy (Pesci) who is supposed to be a similar age, two young men starting to do bits for him. 

But when we move to present day in the film, Liotta looks like he's early 30's, Pesci looks like he's late forties, and De Niro looks the same as he did before.  

In real life Pesci and De Niro are the same fucking age.  

Nit-picky I know, but cmon...

Sean Penn was close to being Henry Hill.  Well....he would have been equally brilliant, perhaps better, I dunno. 

Fucko. 

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Sean Penn was close to being Henry Hill.  Well....he would have been equally brilliant, perhaps better, I dunno. 

Fucko. 

Michael Madsen was nearly Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction. It wouldn't have worked as well. 

tumblr_o2e8m0PSiN1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Cry Macho

A typically beautiful and wonderful sounding Malpaso production with plot holes bigger than the Rio Bravo Canyon.

Mr Eastwood stars in this road movie / buddy movie and if you can suspend your disbelief there's much to enjoy here, but I watched in the knowledge that this could be Clint's final bow.

Wonderful, melancholy, sadly underwhelming.

6/10 Kodi Seren Real Debrid

35 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Travolta was great there, Madsen would have struggled to bring the audience along with him.  You needed the audience to give a fuck about the happiness of that character.  

He was cool as fuck in it. Possibly one of the coolest film characters of all time. 

Help 10/10

Jodie Comer is just superb. Very powerful, superb cast. It just makes me more and more angry at the tory lies, the mis-management, the lack of compassion for human life and the utter dickheads who played down covid even when people were dying in their hundreds daily in this country. 

The Peanut Butter Falcon

Almost enough for me to forgive Shia LeBeouf for the terrible fourth Indiana Jones film.  Also Dakota Johnson has a bit of a funny fat face and in real life she's probably a pain in the arse, but I find her to be sexy as hell.  Have obviously not watched the 50 shades of grey film, but I bet she looks good naked.

Anyway this is a nice little film, even if it does flub the ending a little bit. 

7.5 / 10

Shot Caller - Netflix

Brutal crime thriller with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaimie Lannister - Game Of Thrones) and Omari Hardwick (Ghost - Power)

Regular family man accidently kills his mate in a car crash while over the limit. Gets sent down then mixed up with gangsters. Surprisingly unpredictable ending, well worth a watch. 7/10.