You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

11 hours ago, Red74 said:

Blade Runner 2049

possibly the worst movie I’ve ever seen and I sat through episodes 8 & 9.

Told the Mrs we’d settle down early and have a romantic night together & watch this. 

I honestly think I’d have been better doing a Travis Bickle and throwing backdoor bangers 6 on instead.

3 hours of pure tedium.

0/10

Ana de Amas 10/10

I've tried watching it 2 times now and just end up turning it off.

Passenger 57 - Hasn't aged well but still boss in a Die Hard style Liz Hurley is stunning and Bruce Payne as Charles Rane is a superb baddie. 7/10

Patriot Games - Underrated movie and my favourite of the Jack Ryan films. Sean Bean is ace in it and the ginger is stunning. 8/10

The Firm (Tom Cruise) - Can't believe I've never seen this, thought I had but we watched it last night. Brilliant film. Gene Hackman doesn't touch shite does he? Cruise at his best. 8.5/10 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, J-V said:

I've tried watching it 2 times now and just end up turning it off.

I dozed off 40 minutes in and she woke me up and said we’ll switch it off. Told her I was awake and we’re watching it. My god, what a terrible decision that was.

Nothing happens and Harrison Ford looks like he’s playing a character with dementia. 

It shouldn’t take 5 minutes of screen time to see someone opening a door and walking to where he needs to be.

The dialogue and music are all over the place too.

Seen ratings of 10/10 on IMDb and I swear the producers write these reviews.

Vivo

My kids are obsessed with Lin-Manuel Miranda stuff. I have Hamilton and In The Heights songs playing all the fucking time in our house.

So we were always going to be watching this on Netflix.

Lin-Manuel Miranda is an animated musical kinkajou, Gloria Estefan and Missy Elliot are involved.

The story is pretty straightforward, the characters aren’t particularly well developed, but it made by boy (11) and the wife (44) cry. My daughter (9) and I (45) were more hard hearted.

Not bad if your kids are obsessed with musicals. 6/10

22 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

ID- old football hooligan film- to clarify I'm not into hooligan films but the premise of a man losing his own identity pulled me in. Good film. Bit mad seeing Gail's ex husband from corrie descend into being a loon. 7/10

Yeah,Reece Dinsdale was the main character.

48 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

ID- old football hooligan film- to clarify I'm not into hooligan films but the premise of a man losing his own identity pulled me in. Good film. Bit mad seeing Gail's ex husband from corrie descend into being a loon. 7/10

I fackin love you gumbo 

• Upvote 3

On 04/08/2021 at 21:09, manwiththestick said:

Watched a few films this week on Netflix.

I See You. 7/10. Twisty thriller, not a bad watch, went in a completely different direction to what I thought. Most disturbing thing is what Helen Hunt has done to her face.

Blood Red Sky. 6/10. Brainless stuff but watchable if probably 20 minutes too long.

The Accountant. 8/10. I like Affleck but for some reason never bothered with this film but it surprised me how enjoyable it was. 

Just watched I see you.

Very good film and you dont see those twists coming.

Four Brothers- utter nonsense with cloying over-sentimental scenes, unlikeable characters and a ridiculous plot full of holes. 3/10, 5 of which are for Sofia Vergara's tits, minus 2 for no nudity.

The Accountant- surprisingly enjoyable, sort of like John Wick with autism. It's a bit uneven, it sometimes veers into black comedy territory, but never quite gets there. It also seems pretty keen to raise awareness of autism, but then presents the main character as a cliched maths genius and amoral killing machine. Good fun though- 7.5/10.

Crawl - 6/10 Alligators loose in hurricane-flooded house with a swimmer and her dad. Decent jump scares and entertaining enough. Barry Pepper though - what the fuck happened to his career? Even in this, he’s really good. 

Summerland - 8/10. Really lovely WWII period piece starting Gemma Arteton and Gugu Mbatha-Raw about an angry and lonely single woman who has to take in a repatriated boy from London. 

Edge of Tomorrow - 7/10. Not watched this in years but it’s much more entertaining than I remembered. Decent SF fare. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Crawl - 6/10 Alligators loose in hurricane-flooded house with a swimmer and her dad. Decent jump scares and entertaining enough. Barry Pepper though - what the fuck happened to his career? Even in this, he’s really good. 

Summerland - 8/10. Really lovely WWII period piece starting Gemma Arteton and Gugu Mbatha-Raw about an angry and lonely single woman who has to take in a repatriated boy from London. 

Edge of Tomorrow - 7/10. Not watched this in years but it’s much more entertaining than I remembered. Decent SF fare. 

I watched Crawl last night co-incidentally!

I would agree with that. It was doing my head in where I had seen the Dad then I realised he was one of the prison guards in The Green Mile.

23 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Passenger 57 - Hasn't aged well but still boss in a Die Hard style Liz Hurley is stunning and Bruce Payne as Charles Rane is a superb baddie. 7/10

Patriot Games - Underrated movie and my favourite of the Jack Ryan films. Sean Bean is ace in it and the ginger is stunning. 8/10

The Firm (Tom Cruise) - Can't believe I've never seen this, thought I had but we watched it last night. Brilliant film. Gene Hackman doesn't touch shite does he? Cruise at his best. 8.5/10 

The Firm is brilliant

• Upvote 2

The Witch - 7.5/10. Atmospheric cinematography and well-acted. Not really a horror film. Can be read either as a psychological study of Puritanical descent into madness in the face of isolation from community and adversity, or a family menaced by real supernatural forces. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The Witch - 7.5/10. Atmospheric cinematography and well-acted. Not really a horror film. Can be read either as a psychological study of Puritanical descent into madness in the face of isolation from community and adversity, or a family menaced by real supernatural forces. 

I watched that about a week ago. It's a really interesting movie. The director is building up quite a portfolio with The Lighthouse and The Witch, he's doing a Viking movie next so that could be something special if he sticks to the same kind of style.

17 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Haha it's a cracking film that for what it is. You'd kick the fuck out of Trevor if he was your mate though. We've all got that one mate who is on top as fuck. 

6 hours ago, Paul said:

Laughable but enjoyable guff. Loved the end credits popping up "see ya later alligator" oh and Effy from Skins is still hot. 

• Upvote 1

The Dry - Sky Movies

New Eric Bana film. Cop goes back to his home town (outback Oz) for a funeral, ends up investigating a murder but his past catches up with him. Watchable, Eric Bana is ace as usual and Dave from Mr Inbetween is in it. Some stuff left without clearing up which is always annoying but decent film all the same. 7/10. 

Split- 7.5/10. I nearly didn't watch this when M. Night Shyamalan's name popped up in the opening creidts. I'm glad I stuck with it, this is a pretty good thriller with an excellent performance from James MacAvoy. I didn't realise it was supposed to be the middle of a superhero (villain) trilogy, so I'll have to go onto some hooky sites to watch Unbreakable and Glass.

I See You- 8.5/10. Absolutely loved this, some great twists and turns and all nicely tied up by the end. Loses half a mark for Helen Hunt ruining her face, with Botox presumably.