You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Butterfly Effect. 7.5/10.

In the late 90's to early 2000's I watched a lot of films and this was one of them, I lumped this in with all the other teen sci-fi/horror films that were knocking around at the time and I remembered enjoying this at the time, I watched it again last night and I knew the basic story already of course and I knew there were different ending to the film bit I did forget how dark and grim the beginning was, the film stars Ashton Kutcher and Amy Smart but they don't appear until at least 30 minutes into the film as it starts with pieces of the past when they were growing up and everything that took them to where they were in present day.

As said, it's not a jolly film, and some really dark moments but well worth a watch.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

The Butterfly Effect. 7.5/10.

In the late 90's to early 2000's I watched a lot of films and this was one of them, I lumped this in with all the other teen sci-fi/horror films that were knocking around at the time and I remembered enjoying this at the time, I watched it again last night and I knew the basic story already of course and I knew there were different ending to the film bit I did forget how dark and grim the beginning was, the film stars Ashton Kutcher and Amy Smart but they don't appear until at least 30 minutes into the film as it starts with pieces of the past when they were growing up and everything that took them to where they were in present day.

As said, it's not a jolly film, and some really dark moments but well worth a watch.

It's a very good film.

The Witch - 7.5/10 

I'm not a fan of horrors as they are usually shit but this is really good. Not as good as The Lighthouse but I love the directors style and looking forward to his next project The Northman.

Unbroken - 7.5/10

Read the book years ago which is immense and only just got around to watching the movie, it's very good. Harrowing what those blokes went through.

• Upvote 1

Black Widow 

I’m not fully up to speed with the Marvel Universe so some of this stuff went straight over my head. Most of it actually. Never watched the Avengers films or anything. Still a good standalone film in it’s own right. Glad I watched it on the big screen because some of the fight scenes and bits towards the end of the film looked fantastic.

8/10

I think I might start sticking these Marvel ones on at home when I’m at a loose end, instead of wasting my team reading shite that you blerts post on here. Is there like a list/order that you should watch them?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Black Widow 

I’m not fully up to speed with the Marvel Universe so some of this stuff went straight over my head. Most of it actually. Never watched the Avengers films or anything. Still a good standalone film in it’s own right. Glad I watched it on the big screen because some of the fight scenes and bits towards the end of the film looked fantastic.

8/10

I think I might start sticking these Marvel ones on at home when I’m at a loose end, instead of wasting my team reading shite that you blerts post on here. Is there like a list/order that you should watch them?

Shameful fucking shithousery Turdseye lad. Next stop the school discotheque.

• Upvote 1

Nobody 7.5/10

Ridiculously brilliant. 

Bob Odenkirk in film where The Equaliser meets John Wick. It was all to predictable, I should have hated it. But I loved it and at times I was laughing out loud. Then right at the end, a clipped version of YNWA. 

It entertained me anyway. 

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

F9

I just find these completely rubbish now. The filmmakers are thinking of how ridiculous they can make the CGI stunts whilst the cast, apart from Tyrese and Ludacris who seem to realise it's all a load of bunk, attempt to take it seriously.

3/10

I haven’t seen one of these since the second or third one but heard there was a spoof of them out on Amazon. No idea if it’s any good or not, just know that she wants to watch it.  

Summer of Soul on Disney+

Really enjoyed this, the highlights were very high, Stevie Wonder, David Ruffin, Sly & The Family Stone, Gladys Knight, Max Roach & Nina Simone all displaying planet destroying greatness. My only gripe is that we need a soundtrack LP & a blu ray release with the full performances. 9/10

• Upvote 1

Snowpiercer - I’m not a massive sci fi fan but gave this a go. Unfortunately it was a bit shit despite having some highly regarded actors (John Hurt, Tilda Swinton, Ed Harris). The whole thing is based on a ridiculous premise and infused with that Korean weirdness but not in a good way. 5/10

The Shape of Water - again sci fi I suppose. Again a fucking ridiculous premise and yet I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. A film about a mute lady shagging an alien fish creature. 7 crab sticks out of 10.

V for Vendetta. (2005) 

7/10

Disturbingly prescient. Quite scary that John Hurt is the main leader speaking from his giant screen considering his role in the film of 1984. 

Honourable mention for how much of a bastard Tim Piggot Smith comes across as. 

Jungle Cruise

3/10

Which came first, the film, or the Disney theme park ride?  Hard to tell why this film was made - to either make a theme park ride based on a film and to then make money on the back of the decidedly average and brain redundant film or, to make a theme park ride about the same knobhead film. or is it option C, to make a theme park ride based on a film. You get the jist.

Bar Emily Blunt, being well tasty and Jack Whitehall with the odd humorous line, yep, it was well shite. The Rock was in it as well, because, well..... he's the Rock? and everyone likes the Rock, apparently.

He'll open the theme park ride for sure.

Watched a few films this week on Netflix.

I See You. 7/10. Twisty thriller, not a bad watch, went in a completely different direction to what I thought. Most disturbing thing is what Helen Hunt has done to her face.

Blood Red Sky. 6/10. Brainless stuff but watchable if probably 20 minutes too long.

The Accountant. 8/10. I like Affleck but for some reason never bothered with this film but it surprised me how enjoyable it was.