You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

12 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Nobody

Not sure Bob Odenkirk can pull off a Charles Bronson act, but it had its tongue firmly wedged in its cheek. Comically violent, some good use of music and only 90 minutes so my arse didn't fall asleep.

7/10 

YNWA gets an airing too. Agree with most of that,  8/10 for me.  

The Intruder - Netflix

Another good film to throw on if stuck for something to watch. A man sells the home he has lived in all his life to a young couple but it turns out he doesn't quite feel like giving it up. Dennis Quaid is excellent in it as a creepy psycho bastard and his performance bumps it from a 6 to a 7/10. 

Anthropoid, 7.5/10.

The true story of Jan Kubis and Josef Gabcik, the plot to assassinate Reinhard Heydrich and the aftermath.

Bleak and hard to watch at times this is essential viewing for those with an interest in WW2 and a reminder of just how brutal the Nazi's were.

On 21/06/2021 at 19:10, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Nobody

Not sure Bob Odenkirk can pull off a Charles Bronson act, but it had its tongue firmly wedged in its cheek. Comically violent, some good use of music and only 90 minutes so my arse didn't fall asleep.

7/10 

On 22/06/2021 at 08:04, Total Longo said:

YNWA gets an airing too. Agree with most of that,  8/10 for me.  

Does the fact that they used that song in it really make it worth the extra point?

Yes. Yes it does. I’ve just watched it and have to agree. Good fun. 

5 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Anthropoid, 7.5/10.

The true story of Jan Kubis and Josef Gabcik, the plot to assassinate Reinhard Heydrich and the aftermath.

Bleak and hard to watch at times this is essential viewing for those with an interest in WW2 and a reminder of just how brutal the Nazi's were.

I like the sound of this. Hadn't heard of it before,the film not the incident of course.

Anthropoid would have been significantly better if they'd either casted natives and had subtitles or had the actors just speak in their normal accents. 

The speaking in English with the heavy accent made it really hard to understand them at all. 

1 hour ago, Chairman Meow said:

Anthropoid would have been significantly better if they'd either casted natives and had subtitles or had the actors just speak in their normal accents. 

The speaking in English with the heavy accent made it really hard to understand them at all. 

Oh no! I simply cannot watch stuff where English speakers speak English while cast as non English speakers. Looks like I wont be watching it now.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Oh no! I simply cannot watch stuff where English speakers speak English while cast as non English speakers. Looks like I wont be watching it now.

The accents are fucking ridiculous in it, they are barely understandable. It's a ridiculous choice "let's cast people who speak English but make them speak English with an accent so they are barely understandable". 

It's a decent film, but would have been much better to watch either in the correct language with local actors or in English but not requiring sub titles to follow the dialogue.