You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Percy vs Goliath

Based on the true story of canola farmer Percy Schweiser and his lengthy court battles against agri-giant Monsanto, over his usage / their contamination of his crop with their genetically modified seeds.

Christopher Walken stars as Percy Schweiser and puts in his best performance I've seen in a long time.

Christina Ricci also has a part as an anti-GM campaigner and activist and whilst she's perfectly decent in the role, I found her bang-tidyness actually detracted slightly. Guess that's on me though!

Definitely worth a watch, really enjoyed it.

7.5/10 Kodi Seren Real Debrid

Possessor 7/10

Stylish 2020 Sci-Fi horror about a company that can possess people in order to carry out assassinations to look like murders. One of their top assassins suddenly develops issues whilst on a job and in someone else’s body.

Quite good but pretty gruesome at times.

Sean Bean is in it but I’ll let you guess if he dies. 

Written and Directed Brandon Cronenberg, the son of David. 

The Windermere Children

True story about hundreds of Jewish children, survivors of the nazi death camps, who were brought to England to be rehabilitated to some degree.

Beautifully shot but marred by a rotten script and some really bad acting (at times), but the incredible story is both horrifying and wonderful.

Very good film. 7.5/10

The Unholy - 5/10. Uninspiring adaptation of James Herbert’s novel Shrine. Makes the source of the antagonist’s power less ambiguous and more boringly straightforward than the novel. And can we stop with the J-horror physical movements. It was of it’s time, which has passed.

Black Box, 6/10 for the movie. 7/10 for starring the actress in TV Star Trek who plays Uhura (I'm sure it's her). 

Edit: it's not her, it's the actress who played Claire Huxtable in The Cosby Show. Point taken off again. 6/10.

The Green Mile - 10/10

I watched this again last night and love it even more now, I know it's not everyone's favourite but I love everything about it. The acting is superb all round with Michael Clarke Duncan, Hanks and Sam Rockwell putting in amazing performances.

It also has one the most utterly detestable characters in movie history, which makes his demise even more satisfying.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Elite said:

The Green Mile - 10/10

I watched this again last night and love it even more now, I know it's not everyone's favourite but I love everything about it. The acting is superb all round with Michael Clarke Duncan, Hanks and Sam Rockwell putting in amazing performances.

It also has one the most utterly detestable characters in movie history, which makes his demise even more satisfying.

And who’d have thought you’d watch a movie and get a tad weepy for a mouse…Well when I say weepy I mean I got something in my eye 

6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

And who’d have thought you’d watch a movie and get a tad weepy for a mouse…Well when I say weepy I mean I got something in my eye 

It can be upsetting when your mouse stops clicking. 

11 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

He's playing in Utrecht soonish  76 euros. I've never paid anywhere near that for anyone. I think it's a euro a year. How the fuck has he lived this long? 

Fucking hell! 

That’s about £65.29.

No idea where they’re picking these prices out from.

Its now about £30 for a ticket to an ‘underground’ band in London with more ‘established’ being off the scale expensive.