You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

27 minutes ago, mattyq said:

When Harry met Sally

Old classic. First time I've seen it in at least 20 years, still great

9/10

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

Meg Ryan was something else back then.

Have you seen When a Man Loves a Woman with her and Andy Garcia? She's superb in that. 

13 hours ago, rb14 said:

Wish you were here - Amazon Prime

Watched this years ago and absolutely loved it. I'm going to watch it again tonight so it'll be interesting to see how it's aged, but back in the day, it would deffo have got a 9/10. Why do I post it here, before rewatching it? I just posted this on the Draft forum and didn't want you lot to miss one of international cinema's most wonderful scenes... 

Didn't watch it after all. Went out for a meal instead. Stepped out for a ciggy halfway through and saw a couple who were sat outside the restaurant with their dog. With their consent, I immediately said hello to the dog "Scooby". I kind of recognised the fella, but dismissed it as like "no way", but it actually was, definitely was, Ad*m L*llana. 

10/10 for the dog. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, rb14 said:

Didn't watch it after all. Went out for a meal instead. Stepped out for a ciggy halfway through and saw a couple who were sat outside the restaurant with their dog. With their consent, I immediately said hello to the dog "Scooby". I kind of recognised the fella, but dismissed it as like "no way", but it actually was, definitely was, Ad*m L*llana. 

10/10 for the dog. 

I read that initially as the dog was Ad*m L*llana. Today's going to be a long day.

First Man (2018).

The story of Neil Armstrong, Apollo 11 and the Gemini space programme.

Wasn't expecting this - for some reason I thought it'd got average reviews. Loved it. The first scene was exhilarating - found myself feeling quite spooked when he bounces off the atmosphere.

Hadn't realised he'd lost a little girl to cancer. Real heart string pulling. Several moments holding back the waterworks, especially with the bracelet at the end.

10 out of (Apollo) 11.

MV5BMDBhOTMxN2UtYjllYS00NWNiLWE1MzAtZjg3NmExODliMDQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMxOTE0ODA@._V1_.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, johnsusername said:

First Man (2018).

The story of Neil Armstrong, Apollo 11 and the Gemini space programme.

Wasn't expecting this - for some reason I thought it'd got average reviews. Loved it. The first scene was exhilarating - found myself feeling quite spooked when he bounces off the atmosphere.

Hadn't realised he'd lost a little girl to cancer. Real heart string pulling. Several moments holding back the waterworks, especially with the bracelet at the end.

10 out of (Apollo) 11.

MV5BMDBhOTMxN2UtYjllYS00NWNiLWE1MzAtZjg3NmExODliMDQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMxOTE0ODA@._V1_.jpg

It's a great film. Armstrong was a complex and very driven man and  Ryan Gosling nailed it.

Army of The Dead

A mash up of some of the greatest action movies of all time but not as good as any of them. Still very enjoyable, brainless fun.

Corny and completely predictable and his spoilt brat daughter Kate needs her cunt booting the fuck in.

7.5/10

Broadly agree on Army of the Dead. Good fun with some great action sequences, but too long and not especially memorable. 6.5/10

I do like Dave Bautista though. He’s a far more subtle actor than he seems. Also agree on Dawn of the Dead: it’s easily Snyder’s best film. Zero fat, all action. 

Army of the Dead  0/10

Utter shit on every level. Poorly acted, poorly scripted, the set pieces were awful and the CGI done on a Commodore 64. It looks like a movie created by a committee of chimps.

How is Zack Snyder still getting money to make films? He has 25 director credits and 300 was half way good (for visual only) and the rest are shit

9 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Army of The Dead

A mash up of some of the greatest action movies of all time but not as good as any of them. Still very enjoyable, brainless fun.

Corny and completely predictable and his spoilt brat daughter Kate needs her cunt booting the fuck in.

7.5/10

It's literally a remake of Aliens. Vasquez dying, Burke locking them in, nuking from orbit....Las Vegas (LV)

• Upvote 2

Army Of The Dead - 5/10. As Special K said it’s literally an attempted tongue-in-cheek remake of Aliens with a dash of Raiders thrown in, executed badly for the most part with a couple of decent action sequences. Completely lacks tension where it should have it.

Now we’ve dispensed with the rating let’s get down to the real question. The zombie queen - would you?