You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I imagine this is your standard Rotten Tomatoes critic

hqdefault.jpg

Is that the link you posted earlier? 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The Mauritanian 

True story of Mohamedou Ould Slahi who was detained at Guantanamo without charge. Bastards. 8.5/10. 

Must have been quite the shock coming from another planet to land in Guantanamo.

Monster Hunter - 1/10. US troops experience a dimension slip and do battle with creatures that escaped from the cutting room floor of Clash Of The Titans and Game of Thrones.

How does Paul WS Anderson keep getting money to throw at shite. I can understand Milla Jovovich’s presence as he’s shagging her, but Ron Perlman and Tony Jaa really need to take a look at themselves. I’d have given it 0/10 but the one point is for Perlman’s magnificently bad hair, last seen being sported by Robin Williams’ version of Peter Pan in Hook.

I watched that justice league film. Strangely a 4 hour film where the ending felt rushed. It was okay the heroes just seem a bit shit compared to the Marvel stuff. I nearly pissed myself at the end when some Martian manhunter fucker turned up to introduce himself he should of said "I am serious lack of ideas man" . I am bored shitless with the hero who is supposed to be dry and pithy and makes a funny comment at a serious moment time and time again to the annoyance of his fellow heroes but how very funny. Must be why I hate spiderman the little prick narrating his own movements telling jokes to him self chuck the cunt in a bath and watch him drown ill pay to see that one.

It gets most of its marks for gal gadots thighs and Amber heards general physicall magnificence. Just call me Mr Misogyny my Cape better be ironed I've got glass ceilings to defend.

Thunder Force - 6/10. A Melissa McCarthy vehicle. It was ok. 

Two Distant Strangers - 7.5/10. An Oscar nominated short starring Joey Bada$$ as a lad who is killed every morning by a cop in a Groundhog Day scenario. It’s decent. Not especially subtle, but a pretty powerful message. It looks great though. 

On 03/03/2021 at 23:56, Carvalho Diablo said:

The Mauritanian

True story about the abduction, torture and subsequent trial of a man accused of playing a part in 9/11.

Starring Jodie Foster, Shaileen Woodley, and the guy who played the murderer in BBC's recent The Serpent, it's decent without ever being fantastic.

The fella is excellent in this but as a whole, I don't think it deserves too many Oscar nominations.

7/10 Kodi Seren Real Debrid

The Mauritanian - Amazon Prime

Mr rb14 and I loved this, if "loved" is the right word for a dramatisation that is disturbing and harrowing, yet comes as no surprise. 

9.5/10

God's Own Country - Drama about the burgeoning relationship between a lad struggling to keep his family's farm going in Yorkshire and the Romanian worker who comes to help out. As the title would suggest it's set in Yorkshire and takes full advantage of the bleak but beautiful surroundings. It appears to lean into cliché before switching around your expectations of where the story/characters will go and I really enjoyed it. 8 out of 10

Palm Springs - Groundhog Day but with more existential dread. It would be classed as comedy but it didn't generate a lot of laugh out loud moments for me. I did find it very engaging though, both leads were good, and it did ask, and answer, more of the questions that a film like Groundhog Day would generate. 8.5 out of 10

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RedKnight said:

God's Own Country - Drama about the burgeoning relationship between a lad struggling to keep his family's farm going in Yorkshire and the Romanian worker who comes to help out. As the title would suggest it's set in Yorkshire and takes full advantage of the bleak but beautiful surroundings. It appears to lean into cliché before switching around your expectations of where the story/characters will go and I really enjoyed it. 8 out of 10

Palm Springs - Groundhog Day but with more existential dread. It would be classed as comedy but it didn't generate a lot of laugh out loud moments for me. I did find it very engaging though, both leads were good, and it did ask, and answer, more of the questions that a film like Groundhog Day would generate. 8.5 out of 10

Watched Palm Springs ourselves tonight and all four of us enjoyed it. I’d go 8/10. Considering the whole time loop trope I think they actually did something pretty original. Plus Andy Samberg is ace. 

• Upvote 1

On 08/04/2021 at 20:13, Bjornebye said:

The Mauritanian 

True story of Mohamedou Ould Slahi who was detained at Guantanamo without charge. Bastards. 8.5/10. 

I couldn't help but think that I had no idea if he was guilty or innocent, so I couldn't root for him. I mean, his brother called him from Bin Laden's phone....that's in the 'maybe' pile for me. 

Sure, I understand the premise and the outrage, but we're only outraged because we're made to think he's innocent.  And why did he delete everything in his phone before? 

Dark Encounter (2019) - low budget sci fi/horror about a young girl who goes missing. Set in the US midwest - but shot entirely in Yorkshire with British actors, which is remarkable when you watch it. Anyway, I thought it was decent if you like sci fi, with nice special effects and good acting and - without giving the game away - a bit of a tough-to-watch last quarter. 6.5/10.

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzM1MjllODcyLWMxNGYtNDZhZi05N2EyLTBiNjMzYmJjY2NiYi5qcGc=.jpg

12 hours ago, rb14 said:

The Mauritanian - Amazon Prime

Mr rb14 and I loved this, if "loved" is the right word for a dramatisation that is disturbing and harrowing, yet comes as no surprise. 

9.5/10

It gets even better after the first 20 minutes mate 

Incidentally I love her because she isnt the best looking hollywood girl but you'd marry it