You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

17 hours ago, Mook said:

I don't go to many gigs anyway to be honest. People talking through the music makes me homocidal & I've had to leave on several occasions due to it. Hopefully people can appreciate the music a bit more when it returns.

Absolutely hate people talking at gigs, too many people are there for the hits or singles and aren’t interested in anything they don’t know. I was at a Guy Garvey gig in Manchester and some fella offered some annoying twat £20 to fuck off. The annoying twat took the money and duly fucked off. I bought the fella a pint in gratitude. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Absolutely hate people talking at gigs, too many people are there for the hits or singles and aren’t interested in anything they don’t know. I was at a Guy Garvey gig in Manchester and some fella offered some annoying twat £20 to fuck off. The annoying twat took the money and duly fucked off. I bought the fella a pint in gratitude. 

You wouldn't have thought Guy Garvey needed 20 quid.

26 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Genuinely don’t get this. I’ve been to hundreds of gigs but I can’t recall a single one where the music was quiet enough to even be aware of people speaking, never mind be disturbed by it. 

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

Genuinely don’t get this. I’ve been to hundreds of gigs but I can’t recall a single one where the music was quiet enough to even be aware of people speaking, never mind be disturbed by it. 

I've been to plenty & left a few as well. Usually acoustic stuff or jazz but even at louder gigs someone standing near you & talking non-stop can be extremely off putting.

I really wish these cunts would just hang themselves instead of buying tickets.

57 minutes ago, Paul said:

At Dylan's last gig in Liverpool (about 4 years ago at the Arena) it was so catastrophically bad that 90% of the audience were just sitting talking to each other. I've never seen anything like it! 

12 hours ago, Paul said:

Babytooth - 7.5/10. 16 year old Aussie school girl befriends 20-something druggy fuck up and they develop a relationship as she gets ill from cancer while her psychiatrist dad and prescription drug-addicted mum look on. It sounds depressing, but it’s funny and romantic and quite moving. Plus it looks great and the family house is incredible: the very definition of attainable luxury. 

If you haven't seen it look out for 'The Artist and the Thief' genuinely heart wrenching doc about an odd couple friendship.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11296058/

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's a recurring theme around here. I've definitely got to watch this, haven't I.

Deffo mate. It's a bit of its time now (2004) and was filmed on a low budget -i think quite a bit of the script is improvised. Considine carries it though. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Guy Garvey’s solo album is pretty mellow in places. It was a Friday night and it was at the Albert Hall in Manchester which is bang in the middle of Deansgate, and the audience seemed to have several people who’d been on the piss half the day.

The people talking thing wasn’t much of an issue when I went to see Slipknot to be fair.

Justice League

Better than most of the WB/DC recent movies (what isnt) but also not great.

They spent a fortune on the FX but much of it looked like shitty green screen

Also nobody in it can act.

The final insult is that it looks like age has caught up with the lovely Amy Adams

3/10

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The last time I saw The Prodigy live, 3 camels were talking to each other. 

Not sure if that helps 

As if 3 camels talking to each other would be in the same place as you listening to Prodigy playing live. They wouldn't be able to hear each other think. 

I was watching one Wednesday about 1am but fell asleep but it seemed quite good, about a struggling mother with two daughters and I've been trying to google it but all I can remember is that it was called I Am then a girls name. The way young kids can act is great sometimes. 

Promising Young Woman

Really unsettling and unbalanced film about a woman who seems set on avenging the death of her best mate.

Carry Mulligan plays the eponymous young woman but she is (and looks) both young and old (living with her parents), even her mole switches the side of her mouth it appears on throughout this very strange film.

Mostly enjoyable but the film couldn't decide whether it was a black comedy or a sanitised version of Hitchcock meets I Spit On Your Grave.

Not helped by some really shit acting.

7/10 Kodi Seren Real Debrid

17 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

As if 3 camels talking to each other would be in the same place as you listening to Prodigy playing live. They wouldn't be able to hear each other think. 

You're really worrying me lately. 

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Promising Young Woman

Really unsettling and unbalanced film about a woman who seems set on avenging the death of her best mate.

Carry Mulligan plays the eponymous young woman but she is (and looks) both young and old (living with her parents), even her mole switches the side of her mouth it appears on throughout this very strange film.

Mostly enjoyable but the film couldn't decide whether it was a black comedy or a sanitised version of Hitchcock meets I Spit On Your Grave.

I quite enjoyed that, she looked sensational as a nurse. 

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I was watching one Wednesday about 1am but fell asleep but it seemed quite good, about a struggling mother with two daughters and I've been trying to google it but all I can remember is that it was called I Am then a girls name. The way young kids can act is great sometimes. 

Full Metal Jacket? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You're really worrying me lately. 

This lockdown is driving me crackers but it's a small price to pay for safety. 

6 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Promising Young Woman

I thought this was boss and Carey Mulligan is going to get at least an Oscar nomination for it.