You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

9 hours ago, Red74 said:

Interstellar - 

I’ve got no idea how to rate or explain what I’ve just watched but if you’ve got a daughter it’ll be very emotional. 

For the rating part, you just pick a number between one and ten (based on how much you liked the film) and then score it appropriately...  

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

9.5/10. Superb movie. 

I honestly loved it but I had to google after it just what was going on with the earth at the start (as I can’t remember them mentioning  the blight) the end of the film (because I just cannot get my head round the space, time, gravity, black hole thing) and not being able to understand a word McConaughey was mumbling in the first 20 minutes so points reductions there. 

Other than those minor points the  acting was out of the top drawer from all of them and the scale was like nothing else. Wish I’d have seen it in the pics when it came out.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen McConaughey turn in a bad performance. Brilliant actor. 

Emotional 8 / 10 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I honestly loved it but I had to google after it just what was going on with the earth at the start (as I can’t remember them mentioning  the blight) the end of the film (because I just cannot get my head round the space, time, gravity, black hole thing) and not being able to understand a word McConaughey was mumbling in the first 20 minutes so points reductions there. 

Other than those minor points the  acting was out of the top drawer from all of them and the scale was like nothing else. Wish I’d have seen it in the pics when it came out.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen McConaughey turn in a bad performance. Brilliant actor. 

Emotional 8 / 10 

I've seen it about 10 times and still don't fully get it but that doesn't matter. Agreed about the pictures too. The scene when they land on that water planet is outstanding. McConaughey is a superb actor, one of my all time favourites. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Red74 said:

Emotional 8 / 10 

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I've seen it about 10 times and still don't fully get it but that doesn't matter. Agreed about the pictures too. The scene when they land on that water planet is outstanding. McConaughey is a superb actor, one of my all time favourites. 

It's the best film made in the last ten years, no contest for me. 

Did see it at the time, in IMAX no less, and it was mindblowing.

• Upvote 1

On 21/02/2021 at 23:20, Red74 said:

Interstellar - 

I’ve got no idea how to rate or explain what I’ve just watched but if you’ve got a daughter it’ll be very emotional. 

On 22/02/2021 at 08:26, Total Longo said:

For the rating part, you just pick a number between one and ten (based on how much you liked the film) and then score it appropriately...  

Brilliant. 

And for the "explain" part, maybe start by mentioning where I can see it so I don't have to spend twenty billion light years going through the mind-numbing search facilities of Prime, Netflix, iPlayer, All4, etc. 

3 hours ago, rb14 said:

Brilliant. 

And for the "explain" part, maybe start by mentioning where I can see it so I don't have to spend twenty billion light years going through the mind-numbing search facilities of Prime, Netflix, iPlayer, All4, etc. 

Try the JustWatch app for this kind of thing, Rog. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rb14 said:

Brilliant. 

It’s on sky movies. Its on UHD on there if you can get it. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Paul said:

Try the JustWatch app for this kind of thing, Rog. 

Oooooh Paulie, great app. Installed baby. You get another blowwie next time I see you. 

4 hours ago, Red74 said:

It’s on sky movies. Its on UHD on there if you can get it. 

I'm not one to point out it's "on UHD on there" irrespective of whether I can get it coz I'm not that pedantic. So I won't. 

However I can't either way coz we haven't got Sky Movies. Too expensive. 

• Upvote 2

On 21/02/2021 at 23:20, Red74 said:

Interstellar - 

I watched this when it came out and although I thought it was brilliant first time, I just thought he'd been hiding behind the bookshelves all that time. WTF.

I watched it again last night and paid close attention to every word, scene, angle, suggestion and effect and I absolutely got it. Fucking hell. Twelvety out of 10.

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

I watched this when it came out and although I thought it was brilliant first time, I just thought he'd been hiding behind the bookshelves all that time. WTF.

I watched it again last night and paid close attention to every word, scene, angle, suggestion and effect and I absolutely got it. Fucking hell. Twelvety out of 10.

You mean he wasn't?!

Watched the original Poltergeist for the first time last night. I wish i'd watched this in the actual 80's instead of now, as it kind of fell flat on it's face effects wise.

I feel the same way about The Goonies, I would have probably loved it as a kid, but never got around it. Watched it as a cynical 40 year old and felt nothing at all apart from hoping that it ended soon.   

31 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Not getting the Interstellar love. Seen it a few times and it's ok in a 6 out of 10 sort of way.

I suspect people who enjoyed Interstellar probably also enjoyed Arrival and/or Ad Astra. I enjoyed all three and I know they split audiences. 

10 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I suspect people who enjoyed Interstellar probably also enjoyed Arrival and/or Ad Astra. I enjoyed all three and I know they split audiences. 

Interesting. I didn't particularly enjoy any of those mate. I thought Arrival was another overrated mess and Ad Astra was a disaster.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Interstellar is arguably my favourite ever sci-fi movie. Ad-Astra is potentially the worst film I've ever seen. 

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

Watched the original Poltergeist for the first time last night. I wish i'd watched this in the actual 80's instead of now, as it kind of fell flat on it's face effects wise.

I feel the same way about The Goonies, I would have probably loved it as a kid, but never got around it. Watched it as a cynical 40 year old and felt nothing at all apart from hoping that it ended soon.   

I've started rewatching 80s films. Was thinking of giving nightmare on Elm St a go, not seen it since it scared the sit out of me when I was about 7. These days the thing that scares me most watching scary films is my bird. She jump and screams like fuck which sends me scurrying up the wall tense as fuck. I'm on edge throughout but because of her. 

Beverley Hills Cop 2 - 8/10. Just fucking great.