You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Six Headed Shark Attack - 7/10. Just occasionally, Horror Chanel staples The Asylum come up with the odd unintended gem. A six headed shark that uses four of its heads to walk on land like crab legs. Laughably bad dialogue. Amateur dramatic level acting. Hilariously improbable deaths. And CGI from the 80s. All topped off with the female protagonists having nice bouncy boobs shown off in bikini tops. The Asylum, kings of the straight to video PG12 schlock market, I salute you.

48 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Anyone recommend Tenet?

Yes. It’s flawed but at least an attempt to do something imaginative with a big blockbuster. The big ending action sequence can be as confusing as fuck and needed better editing.

Just don’t think about pooing or weeing in the context of the main conceit....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

dnoB semaJ ,dnoB

I kept thinking that watching "Tenet".

But as Anubis says, an attempt to do something with imagination and ambition. 

And I'm all for that.

"Interstellar" is a fantastic movie, one I've watched numerous times. (Not least because it took a few viewings to figure it all out.) Hopefully Tenet will grow on me the same way.

• Upvote 1

The Collector. Apparently an under-rated horror with a metacritic rating of 29%, whereas viewers gave it an average of 65%.

Reminded me of the old fashioned video nasties with a low budget, high body count, terrible scripting and questionable acting. 

I did get to the end of it. Far from the worst, nowhere near under-rated. 5/10 tops. 

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

4 or 5 days later and I'm still laughing at some of the lines from Death of Stalin

That performance by Jason Issacs as Zhukov was superb. 

tumblr_inline_p81axesScE1rv2yl3_500.gifv

He’s great in it. Had me pissing myself laughing in a few occasions also. 

Still on BBC iPlayer so might have to watch it again. 

5 hours ago, Elite said:

Do you have to know the history of Stalin, etc to enjoy it. I know his name and was a cunt, that's it.

Probably helps a little to know a few of the mains characters but not really. 

It's all pretty easy, generally a bunch of corrupt murdering bastards all ready to stab anyone in the back and shit scared of what  Beria knew about them. Oh and that Zhukov was a 4x hero of the Soviet Union and Marshall of the red army and hated Beria

8 hours ago, Elite said:

Do you have to know the history of Stalin, etc to enjoy it. I know his name and was a cunt, that's it.

God no

Hilarious seeing the leader of the Russian army general speak in a broad Yorkshire accent though. 

Although loosely based on real events it’s a spoof comedy, with tons of great one liners.

“Go back to Georgia, Dead Boy!”

Might have to watch it again later now 

53 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Karate Kid was on telly last night.

Elisabeth Shue - 9/10

EEB76D6C-186C-4FB9-A3CE-12AD907DFD82.jpeg

She was in Greyhound recently, still very beautiful woman. She's also in Leaving Las Vega I think.

35 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The one on East Prescot Road by the Burger King ? Thought it was closed

Not many Burger Kings survive a torpedo into it's hull.