You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

9 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Watched Hidden Figures last night. An account of how, once again, the contributions of non-white people to notable events get airbrushed from history. Some of the supporting cast are a little one dimensional but it's a simultaneously sobering and uplifting film and worth watching. 8/10.

That's a brilliant film.

Amazing what they did, but shocking how they were treated.

On 25/12/2020 at 20:45, Elite said:

The Devil All The Time - 8.5/10 

Cracking film this, the best film I've seen since 3 Billboards. Could easily watch it again tomorrow it's that good.

Just watched this based on your review & thought it was very good. Easily the best Netflix film I've seen I think.

• Upvote 1

Oceans 8 - Complete meh. Anne Hathaway looked fit. 

Bumblebee - Complete meh. Still better than the Michael Bay films. Hailee Steinfeld’s performance probably goes above and beyond its requirement. 

John Wick - Above average, mindless shoot ‘em up.

An Education 4/10

It's based on the true story of 16 year old Lynn Barber in 1960s London. It comes across as silly school girl gives up on her education plans as she's swept of her feet by a wealthy man twice her age and is also given the consent to go for it by both her parents.

Maybe it's was an era thing but I don't think the same situation would be seen in the same light if it happened today. 

On 25/12/2020 at 20:45, Elite said:

The Devil All The Time - 8.5/10 

Cracking film this, the best film I've seen since 3 Billboards. Could easily watch it again tomorrow it's that good.

Good shout with this movie. Really enjoyed it. Some dark parts of America. 

• Upvote 1

Soul 9/10.

Probably a mark higher than I would have given it had I watched it on my own, but enjoying the pleasure it gave the kids boosts it close to a perfect score.

If I’m being picky, it’s maybe twenty minutes too long, but then I had twenty more minutes ‘being present’ with my two boys. There might be a lesson in that somewhere. 

13 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Soul 9/10.

Probably a mark higher than I would have given it had I watched it on my own, but enjoying the pleasure it gave the kids boosts it close to a perfect score.

If I’m being picky, it’s maybe twenty minutes too long, but then I had twenty more minutes ‘being present’ with my two boys. There might be a lesson in that somewhere. 

Any good for a 4 year old with  no attention span?

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Any good for a 4 year old with  no attention span?

There’s probably enough in it to keep him/her entertained for a bit but it might be better leaving this one on the list until they’re a few years older. By then, they’ll certainly appreciate it much more than at a very young age.

• Upvote 1

The Midnight Sky (Netflix)

Clooney helps save humanity from the Arctic. Actually quite decent. Very good ending. 7/10

We Can Be Heroes (Netflix) 

Kids film starring the two DEA actors from Narcos. Aliens attack the planet, the heroes get taken prisoner so their kids have to save the day. If you've got kids between 5 and 10 they will love it. I thought it was great. 8/10 

12 minutes ago, Numero said:

Would be interested in hearing what is out there like it? I quite enjoyed it, as did my lad, so wouldn’t mind seeing the others. 

I've banged on a bit about it, but Wolfwalkers is a great animated story which I actually preferred to Soul. 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5198068/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Wreck It Ralph is great too, there's another one that features characters as emotions too but I forget it's title - that was great too. 

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Peanut Butter Falcon. 9.5/10 what a film 

41 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Loved it.

Pleased it's getting the praise it deserves. It really is great, a hidden gem that gets little attention.