You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

19 hours ago, Elite said:

The Devil All The Time - 8.5/10 

Cracking film this, the best film I've seen since 3 Billboards. Could easily watch it again tomorrow it's that good.

It's a weird one that. Robert Pattinson is superb in it and it has some very very good scenes (the girlfriend in the woods) but when I reviewed it on here I said it reminded me of There Will Be Blood. 

19 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

13 hours. Very good although quite long and comes with the usual Michael Bay production values. 7.5/10.

The fuck were you expecting? 

53 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It's a weird one that. Robert Pattinson is superb in it and it has some very very good scenes (the girlfriend in the woods) but when I reviewed it on here I said it reminded me of There Will Be Blood. 

I thought it was great, loved how it was out together and all the performances were excellent. I'm a sucker for Southern Gothic.

22 minutes ago, Elite said:

I thought it was great, loved how it was out together and all the performances were excellent. I'm a sucker for Southern Gothic.

Like I said mate it had some great performances but something was missing. A storyline would have helped. It was just weird and it could be a 5 or a 10 I don't know. 

On 18/12/2020 at 09:40, Total Longo said:

Silent Night, Deadly Night 5/10

In keeping with the Betamax Babylon Christmas film reviews, I knew very little about this one apart from it being released in the mid 80's, getting pulled from US cinemas for being "too controversial" and it being a Christmas based slasher film.  

The premise is actually pretty decent, young boy witnesses his parents brutal murder at the hands of a psycho dressed as Santa Claus, gets sent to an orphanage and suppresses his fear or Santa and Xmas until he is an adult and he gets a job in the local toy store, has to dress as Santa and sees the girl that he fancies cop off with the colleague that he despises. So it sends him a bit west, to put it mildly.

If you like cheap slasher films with more than the average breast content, then this is the film for you. Personally, i found it a bit cack.    

There’s a loose remake just called Silent Night which is fairly decent, and has Malcolm McDowell in fine hamming it up form.

Soul, feel a bit bad because I wasn't watching properly as was messing around on the guitar. But enjoyed it. Didn't feel there was any real comic relief, so not sure how it will go down with the younger Pixar fans, but a very sweet story, told well. 

8.5/10

3 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Watched Hidden Figures last night. An account of how, once again, the contributions of non-white people to notable events get airbrushed from history. Some of the supporting cast are a little one dimensional but it's a simultaneously sobering and uplifting film and worth watching. 8/10.

• Upvote 1

Soul - New Pixar film which again deals with a difficult subject matter in a manner which younger viewers will understand. The animation is stunning, the voice cast is great and the imagination on places like the Great Before are fantastic. Sometimes I wonder if they make these for kids or adults because they rarely miss the spot. 8.5 out of 10