You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Yes, it's good I thought, there was one thing though and that's one of the fellas chasing the Army lad has a jacket on that I don't think they had in 71, he looks like he's from these days, you'll see what I mean. 

Yeah it's alright. 

Haha I'll look out for it. 

Last Christmas - Emilia Clarke is a woman who... has lost her way and finds it when she meets a charismatic, kind stranger? I dunno, I suppose that's it and all the while soundtracked by George Michael. I expect Christmas films to be sentimental but this bends the premise to fit the line of one song and it doesn't really work. Clarke's character is an unlikeable flake for reasons that aren't spelled out enough to care and the supporting cast are just thinly-sketched characters including, and not restricted to, cheeky chappy homeless people who all have hearts of gold, a stern, straight talking boss with a heart of gold and a stern, eccentric Eastern European mother with a... you can guess. Having Emma Thompson play her mum with a generic Eastern Europe accent seemed a mistake as did shoehorning Brexit references in. It's not good, it's not bad, it's below average though. 4 out of 10

14 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I watched that Tony film again today, weird movie that but good. 

Is that the one where the boy goes on about custard creams & He Man all day before lashing a Russian robot's head into a crowd?

There is a sequel where he eats toast with a knife & fork.

• Upvote 3

Just watching Fifa World Cup. 86, probably the last time I really enjoyed the competition, I know there was some good moments later in others, I don't know why maybe because it was on the other side of the world and commentary. 

Last time I had  World Cup chart too, on the kitchen door, a 27 year old kid. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Just watching Fifa World Cup. 86, probably the last time I really enjoyed the competition, I know there was some good moments later in others, I don't know why maybe because it was on the other side of the world and commentary. 

Last time I had  World Cup chart too, on the kitchen door, a 27 year old kid. 

I also enjoyed Italia 90. That made great television.  Was it 94 in USA? That for me was when it became a political competition rather than a football competition. America make great tv and film but their sports tv is glitz and glamour rather than the sport itself.

8 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I also enjoyed Italia 90. That made great television.  Was it 94 in USA? That for me was when it became a political competition rather than a football competition. America make great tv and film but their sports tv is glitz and glamour rather than the sport itself.

Your right 90 was sound, I nearly went, not to support anyone in particular, I thought Romania were good in the USA tournament, think it was that one.?

Gremlins

8/10

An absolute classic from my childhood, I must have watched it a dozen times or more as a child. 

Stil absolutely fantastic. Was a bit of a bizarre experience though. Some of the scenes I had completely forgot about, though when I watched them they seemed so familiar and important to me as a child. Was a slightly odd, worrying feeling really. 

Beverly Hills Cop - Ace. Hadn't seen it in years and i'd forgotten just how brilliant the young Eddie Murphy was. Plus seeing Ronny Cox not playing an absolute b@stard was an eye opener.    

Although, like most films from that era it always baffles me why "henchmen" are so woefully inept at shooting people that are right in front of them. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Beverly Hills Cop - Ace. Hadn't seen it in years and i'd forgotten just how brilliant the young Eddie Murphy was. Plus seeing Ronny Cox not playing an absolute b@stard was an eye opener.    

Although, like most films from that era it always baffles me why "henchmen" are so woefully inept at shooting people that are right in front of them. 

Anyone would think they have banana shaped guns and the bullets just go anywhere. 

Let Him Go

Diane Lane is fantastic and Costner just keeps on invoking the grizzled gravel voiced cowboy in this top class Western road movie.

After racing through The Mandalorian it's such a refreshing change to see proper acting, real subtlety and a fresh script rather than that kiddie Star Wars guff, no action toys being forced on us here, no childish likkle cuddly toys and grown men balls deep in a green screen cash in.

No franchise and no 40 years of regurgitated sequels here.

Really very good.

8/10

Chasing Mavericks

True story of snot nosed surf punk Jay Moriarty and his dream of riding the waves at Mavericks.

By the numbers, schmaltzy acting and a crappy script, the surf sequences looked decent I thought .

Beware though, Gerrard Butler is in this.

Much better than the childish Mandalorian

3/10