You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Just now, Mook said:

When my missus was pregnant with our first, miscarriage storylines seemed to be ubiquitous on the telly.

Yeah, I'm sure they're probably shown with the same frequency, but obviously you notice them a lot more. She had to give up watching ER for a while because every other episode seemed to involve a child.

Jojo Rabbit - Clever mix of sweet friendship, the horror of Nazi rule and Taika Waititi's usual absurd, natural New Zealand comedy. It shouldn't work, and the headline of Waititi playing Hitler is a bit of a mislead, but it does and has an emotional heart to it that isn't unsurprising if you've seen Boy or Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Some may not like it but the young lad in the main role is exceptional and Thomasin McKenzie continues to be a fantastic actor following Leave No Trace. Silly, emotional, affecting, worth watching 8.5 out of 10

Never, Rarely, Sometimes, Always - Drama film about a 17 year old who needs to get an abortion after accidentally getting pregnant. Shot almost like a documentary with a natural style I thought this was terrific. Moving, difficult to watch and an unflinching portrayal of the shit that women deal with on a daily basis that we never give a second thought to. Both lead actresses are great, they really add to the sense that you're watching real life rather than fiction. It's not an easy watch but it's great. 9 out of 10

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Half way through colour out of space. Weird film but still intriguing enough not to turn it off. Second half is big though, could go one of two very distinct ways. Needs something to happen though rather than people just be weird with purple lighting.

Ok I'm sorry for wishing stuff happened. Because stuff happened and it's fucked up.

17 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Sweet baby Jesus this movie is fucked in the head

If you've not seen Mandy with Nicolas Cage, if you think The Color of Space is fucked up then it has competition. 

The happiest year.

Not enough lezzing it up for you deviants, but for ‘normal’ people it’s alright, nothing great.

You do tend to hope for something that happens to a character as a lot of the people are just caricatures, but it’s not a bad way spend and hour and an half. 

6.5 potential fistings out of 10.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The happiest year.

Not enough lezzing it up for you deviants, but for ‘normal’ people it’s alright, nothing great.

You do tend to hope for something that happens to a character as a lot of the people are just caricatures, but it’s not a bad way spend and hour and an half. 

6.5 potential fistings out of 10.

I don't like the sound of 'potential' on the GF. That belongs on the FF not here.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I don’t think so, but I’m so desensitised to that now I don’t really notice it anymore.

I know what you mean. My lad called me through to watch a bit on the news about Covid, and the reporter didn't end by pulling on her Strap on Jack and getting down to business. It's no wonder regular terrestrial TV is losing out to online sources these days.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I know what you mean. My lad called me through to watch a bit on the news about Covid, and the reporter didn't end by pulling on her Strap on Jack and getting down to business. It's no wonder regular terrestrial TV is losing out to online sources these days.

If Kuenssberg was getting a fist bounced off’a the bonce though the figures’d be through the roof.