You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Look at his voting in the band tournaments. Someone needs to check on him. 

He's gone full on Spud. 

Coming from someone who would've had Journey & Oasis winning their respective tournaments, I'll stick with the smack thanks very much.

• Upvote 1

Enola Holmes - 6.5/10. One for 10-14 year old girls everywhere. Competent, with top notch production values, and a script that makes good use of breaking the fourth wall. You could probably add a couple of points to the score for the target age range.

Vampires vs The Bronx - 0/10. No idea what Netflix were thinking save for paying Zoe Saldana a wedge for literally three minutes work. Somebody clearly saw The Lost Boys and thought we can do that. As it turns out, badly. Very badly. Appallingly badly.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

3022, described by Sky as a 'gripping' a sci fi film. It was so shite, not only was it 90 odd minutes of my life that I'll never get back, Im not going to mention a plot cos there fucking wasnt one. Zero out of ten and dont waste your time watching this drivel.

I watched the first 5 mins the other day then swerved, as i was disturbed by my returning wife and son. Got to bit where the doctor was in a catatonic state. Assumed there must be some bit twists.

Everest - another disaster movie based on real life incident (the 1996 Everest disaster). Feel a bit guilty getting entertainment from these things don't you? Anyways, again the effects were completely believable. A bit grim when the bodies start to pile up. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it, but glad I watched it. Suffice to say I'll never go mountain climbing. 8/10. 

Onward - a bit light in places but actually quite a sweet story, definitely in the middle range of Pixar films. Would happily watch again (especially as I was working with it on the first time around - today, not on an actual work day) - 8/10.

A quiet place - best part of a bottle of wine and a curry. Lights off, sound up. Don't get what the big deal is here. It's decent, but nothing special, flawed concept, shit monster design and the ending is basically mars attacks. 6/10.

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

A quiet place - best part of a bottle of wine and a curry. Lights off, sound up. Don't get what the big deal is here. It's decent, but nothing special, flawed concept, shit monster design and the ending is basically mars attacks. 6/10.

Yeah wasn't keen on the having a baby in silence angle and also, Emily Blunts feet are worth a discussion on snuff sites. 

4 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Everest - another disaster movie based on real life incident (the 1996 Everest disaster). Feel a bit guilty getting entertainment from these things don't you? Anyways, again the effects were completely believable. A bit grim when the bodies start to pile up. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it, but glad I watched it. Suffice to say I'll never go mountain climbing. 8/10. 

Is this a movie about killing double glazing salesmen? 

The Gentlemen - just another meh movie from Guy Ritchie. Got to hand it to him, he's able to make a living off making the same film over and over again. In between he'll deliver decent movies like Man from UNCLE and the first Sherlock Holmes but this is his bread and butter. 5/10