You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Athlete A - 8/10

Netflix documentary uncovering the US Gymnastics Team, how it’s athletes are treated and that the team Dr would massage injuries by fingering the girls, the sick cunt. Shocking how it went on for so long and how the gymnastics organisation just turned a blind eye to it.

57 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The Last Temptation of Christ

Scorcese's greatest ever film. Sublime recreation of Kazantzakis' powerful novel, telling of Christ's triumph over evil even in His lowest moment.

One of my favourite ever films, Keitel is amazing as Judas, Peter Gabriel's score hits all the right notes, and the last temptation itself is incredible.

Bona fide masterpiece.

10/10

Need to watch that.

• Upvote 1

The invisible man, the new version. Not normally a fan of new takes of existing films but this is a case of being superior in almost every way to the original adaptation with Kevin Bacon. It's Eggsellent. 8.3/10

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The Last Temptation of Christ

Scorcese's greatest ever film. Sublime recreation of Kazantzakis' powerful novel, telling of Christ's triumph over evil even in His lowest moment.

One of my favourite ever films, Keitel is amazing as Judas, Peter Gabriel's score hits all the right notes, and the last temptation itself is incredible.

Bona fide masterpiece.

10/10

It’s insanely good film making, kinda drifts, for me, but cinematically beautiful. 

You can tell it’s a genuine labour of love.

Not going to lie though, I saw Toni Erdmann the night after and completely forgot about The Last Temptation... until I read this as Toni Erdmann made me think about no other film for about a month and I didn’t want to talk about anything else. 

I genuinely forgot this film existed until you jogged my mind.

Shame, I’ll rewatch.

20 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

The invisible man, the new version. Not normally a fan of new takes of existing films but this is a case of being superior in almost every way to the original adaptation with Kevin Bacon. It's Eggsellent. 8.3/10

The Invisible Man plus some other H G Wells books are currently free...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DCW773L

5 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Poltergeist - 10/10. Still perfect after all these years. 

unnamed.jpg

I wonder how much Tobe Hooper actually directed it seeing as Spielberg did everything to get that movie made and it was only the ET contract that disallowed him from directing it? 

Watched that “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” a few days ago. It’s a weird one as I think I was very close to thinking it was shite, but for whatever reason it swung me the other way and when it ended I realised that I quite enjoyed it. It was probably the acting jobs done by the protagonists which I thought were really good. The end was overly and unnecessarily violent and I thought somewhat spoiled what was an interesting enough human story to that point; although I get he was trying to do the Hollywood overtly visual screen violence of the 1970s. But all in all a positive experience. 

7/10

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I didn’t think I’d ever see them so I acquired the Bill & Ted films.

Whatever the first one is called is shite. 3/10.

Whatever the second one is called is decent. 7/10.

So in your opinion Excellent Adventure is bogus and Bogus Journey is Excellent? 
Well there’s a twist I didn’t see coming.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I am far from a fan of Keanu Reeves but those Bill and Ted films(which one is he?) were made for him.

Well he’s basically playing himself in these movies. And he’s Ted ‘Theodore’ Logan. Esq.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Really enjoyed that. Not normally something I’d bother with but it was ace. 7.75 / 10 

I loved it, definitely one of the best sci-fi movies of recent times. The main guy is the spit of Tom Hardy.

38 minutes ago, Elite said:

I loved it, definitely one of the best sci-fi movies of recent times. The main guy is the spit of Tom Hardy.

Ha I know mate when it started I turned to my bird and went "we are fucking this off if thats Tom Hardy" and for the first 30 seconds neither could work out if it was him or not. He's just a bit too skinny to be Tom Hardy. Absolute ringer though. Nicely set up for a 2nd one as well.