You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

20 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Tickled...HBO Documentary into an unusual 'sport' which leads to a very strange investigation. Very good documentary and it certainly didn't go where I expected it to go. 8/10

Id forgotten all about that, watched it a while back.

Absolutely batshit.

Would fully endorse the recommendation.

22 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Tickled...HBO Documentary into an unusual 'sport' which leads to a very strange investigation. Very good documentary and it certainly didn't go where I expected it to go. 8/10

Netflix? Amazon? Or Kodi?

On 03/08/2020 at 21:44, Fluter in Dakota said:

Watched a few years ago in stunned silence. Still not sure if real or not but needs to be watched.

• Downvote 1

Hard one to review this as it's classified as a film but it's only 56 minutes long. I watched it on Fen/Kodi, also available on shudder who actually produced it.

Host - absolutely brilliant horror film, easily the best I have seen in years. It was filmed during lockdown and centers on a Zoom meeting seánce. Extremely well made.

A harsh 8.8/10 as it's a slightly abrubt ending but well worth watching.

Sunshine Cleaning - decent drama with a sprinkling of humour from 2008. Amy Adams and Emily blunt are good as sisters in a good story. Nothing spectacular, but easy on the eye and mind 7/10

A Time To Kill - 6/10. The cast in this is absolutely ridiculous but unfortunately, in the wrong way, do is the narrative. This deals with big themes and even, unusually for the time, touches very briefly on the notion of white privilege. However, it is full of plot holes, cheesy as fuck and crass in the extreme in its handling of racism as a theme. You realise how far mainstream films have changed after watching a big film like this and considering how it would be handled now. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Get through some films you @Fluter in Dakota

Normally when I'm working at full capacity I'm lucky if I watch one or even two a week. Probably why there's quite a number of older films I'm watching for the first time.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Noticed that Netflix have added 'Upgrade' cracking sci-fi film for anyone that's not seen it.

Good film that, as is American History X. Ed Norton seems to have disappeared from the big screen.

The Last Temptation of Christ

Scorcese's greatest ever film. Sublime recreation of Kazantzakis' powerful novel, telling of Christ's triumph over evil even in His lowest moment.

One of my favourite ever films, Keitel is amazing as Judas, Peter Gabriel's score hits all the right notes, and the last temptation itself is incredible.

Bona fide masterpiece.

10/10

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Noticed that Netflix have added 'Upgrade' cracking sci-fi film for anyone that's not seen it.

2 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Good film that, as is American History X. Ed Norton seems to have disappeared from the big screen.

Just started Upgrade. If it’s shit I’m going to neg you both to death 

On 04/08/2020 at 07:08, Remmie said:

Team America is the greatest musical of all times

On 04/08/2020 at 09:49, redheart said:

Nope..Grease

On 04/08/2020 at 16:19, Elite said:

Good but it's not quite right.

Bugsy Malone.

I’m afraid your all wrong and the correct answer is The Blues Brothers.

• Upvote 1