You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Old Guard - 8/10 

Enjoyed this, not really big on the whole immortal stuff but this seemed to work well....plus Charlize Theron kicking ass, what's not to like?

Slender Man - 1/10
Cheers Netflix but nah.

Alpha - 7.5/10

Language aside it's a solid watch, great visuals and the bond between wolf and the young man felt real.

For a survival film, it maybe a little boring with not a great deal of thrills.

5 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Just put Earthlings on the watch list. 

Hostage siege ends after Ukrainian president endorses Joaquin Phoenix film

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/21/hostage-siege-ends-after-ukrainian-president-endorses-joaquin-phoenix-film?CMP=share_btn_tw

Wow, that's bizarre. Can you imagine if Trump had been asked to recommend a Michael Moore film to save some hostages? There'd be a bloodbath.

Spotlight 8.5/10 politics and religion seem to work on the basis that shit climbs to the top. 

Witness of another world on amazon prime. It is an interesting premise that deserves a viewing but hard to know if they're taking the piss. Probably 6.5/10 but could have points go either way depending on authenticity. 

2 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Spotlight 8.5/10 politics and religion seem to work on the basis that shit climbs to the top. 

Witness of another world on amazon prime. It is an interesting premise that deserves a viewing but hard to know if they're taking the piss. Probably 6.5/10 but could have points go either way depending on authenticity. 

Is that about the church scandal that hides molestation of hundreds of children?

From what I remember I found it a little boring at times but fantastically acted from a well rounded cast.

2 hours ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Is that about the church scandal that hides molestation of hundreds of children?

From what I remember I found it a little boring at times but fantastically acted from a well rounded cast.

One and the same, I had a rough idea of how it would be to watch and as a fact-to-screen adaptation it was as entertaining as it needed to be. Great film and quite an ironic twist at the end, which probably made the focus of it feel like a great achievement has a bitter after taste.

The Insider - mentioned this a few days ago and after watching Spotlight decided to fire it up again. Absolutely outstanding movie - 9.7/10.

The 30 minute segment of 'The 60 Minutes' show that is featured is definitely worth watching, regardless of if the movie is watched. It's definitely complimentary and shows how it's level of accuracy - it's probably best watched after the film as it does contain spoilers.

The Insider Movie from Youtube...

The 30 minute segment from 60 Minutes...

The Town - 8/10. This is far, far better than I recall from watching it once before when it first came out. I love heist movies, I love Boston movies and I love Ben Affleck in proper roles movies; ergo, bonnet de douche!

Jeremy Renner is ace as the sociopathic childhood mate and so too is Jon Hamm as the FBI agent antagonist. Pete Postlethwaite as an Irish cunt is also ace.

Affleck has real chops as a film-maker and I wish he’d write and direct more. In fact the only disappointment here is that he didn’t find a part for his brother who is fucking great and can play “Southie rogue” with his eyes shut. 

• Upvote 3

Don’t Breathe - 8/10

Great horror, Stephen Lang is terrific.
Things turn for the worst when 3 kids decide to burgle the house of a blind man.
Cocky 1 dies pretty quickly, Foolish 1 dies a slow violent death, the brave 1 gets away....just.

Not much dialogue in this, Few we’ll done twists at the end.

18 minutes ago, Paul said:

The Town - 8/10. This is far, far better than I recall from watching it once before when it first came out. I love heist movies, I love Boston movies and I love Ben Affleck in proper roles movies; ergo, bonnet de douche!

Jeremy Renner is ace as the sociopathic childhood mate and so too is Jon Hamm as the FBI agent antagonist. Pete Postlethwaite as an Irish cunt is also ace.

Affleck has real chops as a film-maker and I with her write and direct more. In fact the only disappointment here is that he didn’t find a part for his brother who is fucking great and can play “Southie rogue” with his eyes shut. 

Yeah there's something magical about the Boston and Southie projects vibe, it has its own style that works really well. Always comes across on screen as being incredibly cool.

If you actually lived there you would probably just think it's a shit hole.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Don’t Breathe - 8/10

Great horror, Stephen Lang is terrific.
Things turn for the worst when 3 kids decide to burgle the house of a blind man.
Cocky 1 dies pretty quickly, Foolish 1 dies a slow violent death, the brave 1 gets away....just.

Not much dialogue in this, Few we’ll done twists at the end.

There is another thread for ruining the plots of movies, this is for reviews.

18 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah there's something magical about the Boston and Southie projects vibe, it has its own style that works really well. Always comes across on screen as being incredibly cool.

If you actually lived there you would probably just think it's a shit hole.

To be honest, I think it comes across as a bit of a shit hole regardless, but I love the aggressive, loyal character of the people.  

Greyhound - 9/10

Can't believe how badly this was reviewed by some on here. Just finished it and I though it was superb. Nowhere near as 'gung-ho' as loads of other American war films. I reckon I'd give it 9.5 if I saw it on the big screen. 

Eurovison film 

Will Ferrell. You know what you're getting. It was easy to watch. Funny in parts. In-offesnvie. Actually quite enjoyed most of it. Plus Rachel Mcadams is a darling. 7/10. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Greyhound - 9/10

Can't believe how badly this was reviewed by some on here. Just finished it and I though it was superb. Nowhere near as 'gung-ho' as loads of other American war films. I reckon I'd give it 9.5 if I saw it on the big screen. 

Eurovison film 

Will Ferrell. You know what you're getting. It was easy to watch. Funny in parts. In-offesnvie. Actually quite enjoyed most of it. Plus Rachel Mcadams is a darling. 7/10. 

You'd better be right, these two are on my watch list.