You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

33 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Selma 9/10

That Ava DuVernay is some filmmaker. From a cinematography point alone, it was beautiful to look at. Oyelewo was brilliant as MLK. That the Oscars snubbed it and him was embarrassing if not pretty racist.

Fascinating to read the other day that George Wallace, after he was paralysed in an assassination attempt, became almost the polar opposite of the man he was.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/22/trump-george-wallace-samuel-freedman

We should arrange to have Trump shot, see if he undergoes a similar conversion. 

6 hours ago, Madrid Diecinueve said:

JoJo Rabbit - 9/10.  Brilliant.

22 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

The King of Staten Island.

Quite enjoyed it, some nice moments and Marisa Tomei still looks great.

Worth watching if you don’t expect too much.

7/10.

Agree

On 08/11/2019 at 22:54, Fluter in Dakota said:

Peanut Butter Falcon. Haven't seen Shia LeBeouf in a film for a while. Good comedy drama reminds alot of Little Miss Sunshine centered around wrestling. Very enjoyable, 8/10.

Haven't seen any other mentions of this. 96% on rotten tomatoes. Get it watched, fuckers. 

Blue is The Warmest Color 8/10

Had this recorded so watched it on Friday night. Had no idea what it was about apart from the very brief info in the Film 4 freeview description. I didn't even check the run time and just assumed it's be the usual hour and a half. It's actually just over three hours so thank fuck my DVR has the ability to ship through the adds. It's French with subtitles and has some of the most graphic lesbian sex scenes I've ever seen. 

In some ways it reminded me of that BBC series Normal People except this film is about two young women rather than a heterosexual couple.

The main character Adele is student who is beginning to realise she's attracted to women. The film follows her life from school where she meets a older girl Emma at a gay bar. The film then follows her relationship with Emma into her adult life which plays out on a very real and emotional roller coaster.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Had this recorded so watched it on Friday night. Had no idea what it was about apart from the very brief info in the Film 4 freeview description. I didn't even check the run time and just assumed it's be the usual hour and a half. It's actually just over three hours so thank fuck my DVR has the ability to ship through the adds. It's French with subtitles and has some of the most graphic lesbian sex scenes I've ever seen. 

In some ways it reminded me of that BBC series Normal People except this film is about two young women rather than a heterosexual couple.

The main character Adele is student who is beginning to realise she's attracted to women. The film follows her life from school where she meets a older girl Emma at a gay bar. The film then follows her relationship with Emma into her adult life which plays out on a very real and emotional roller coaster.

Check out Portrait of a Lady on Fire. All kinds of wonderful.

3 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

This might ruin the rosy afterglow of the film for you, so I'll put it into spoiler tags.

They used prosthetic vaginas in the film.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

This might ruin the rosy afterglow of the film for you, so I'll put it into spoiler tags.

Reveal hidden contents

Still very graphic though.

I'm not sure there was any real need for it to be so as the film was so good in every other aspect. I'd have scored it higher if the sex scenes weren't there.

25 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Ha ha. Everyone knows Cobra is Jean-Claude Van Damme’s best film.

Hard to pick between that and Lethal Weapon. 

Blue Story - horrendous, 0/10. Unsure what the point was, rival gangs having a go at each other but it was never explained what for apart from someone trying to chat up a lass but being interrupted and called a ‘pussyole’ and told he’d get ‘wet up’ whatever that means. Everyone lived in a shithole London council flat with their mum so I’m assuming it wasn’t money related and there seemed to be more ‘beef’ and infighting within the gangs than between them where the members would threaten each other loudly and do that thing where you bang into each other’s chest and tell each other how tough you are rather than actually have a scrap.

I think the main row was between 2 lads, It had a montage of them searching for

each other and shooting places up / getting calls saying he’s here / there but they’d still mostly be at home and they knew where each other lived.

Avoid at all costs, triple shit.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

Blue Story - horrendous, 0/10. Unsure what the point was, rival gangs having a go at each other but it was never explained what for apart from someone trying to chat up a lass but being interrupted and called a ‘pussyole’ and told he’d get ‘wet up’ whatever that means. Everyone lived in a shithole London council flat with their mum so I’m assuming it wasn’t money related and there seemed to be more ‘beef’ and infighting within the gangs than between them where the members would threaten each other loudly and do that thing where you bang into each other’s chest and tell each other how tough you are rather than actually have a scrap.

I think the main row was between 2 lads, It had a montage of them searching for

each other and shooting places up / getting calls saying he’s here / there but they’d still mostly be at home and they knew where each other lived.

Avoid at all costs, triple shit.

Any scenes involving Simon Maroulis?

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Any scenes involving Simon Maroulis?

He wasn’t although it would have been great to see the interaction between him and the rest of the cast trying to understand each other. I’m still sat here pissed off about how bad it was.

There were no redeeming features at all. Ghastly.

Sonic the Hedgehog is much better than I would have expected, comfortably the best video game to movie adaptation and daft fun for the family. As a family/kids film, 8.5/10.