You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

39 minutes ago, redheart said:

I thought that the Darkest Hour was shit to be honest. Twas like an A Level play.

As for Oldman as the greatest British Actor ever?

Better than

John Hurt

Alec Guiness

Richard Burton

Charlie Chaplin

Peter O'Toole

Nope

Charlie Chaplin was shit,in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

I watched American Beauty last night. Good film although impossible to take Spacey seriously as a heterosexual.

Quite fancy having a proper midlife crisis now.

He's just a strange fucker in general. He's not a heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual, he's a weirdosexual.

• Upvote 3

State of Grace, not sure why I've never seen this before, a very good film. Sean Penn superb, Ed Harris also very good, Gary Oldman possibly a bit over the top with his performance for me. 

Recommended.

18 hours ago, Mook said:

State of Grace, not sure why I've never seen this before, a very good film. Sean Penn superb, Ed Harris also very good, Gary Oldman possibly a bit over the top with his performance for me. 

Recommended.

It’s one of my all-time favourite films. Apparently when they were making it, he was still drinking heavily and also dabbling with method acting (he’s since ditched both booze and that style). Before shooting began, Harris, Penn and Oldman were out on the lash all the time and things were getting very messy.

This was also not long after Penn divorced Madonna and the whole production was walking on eggshells round the notoriously volatile Penn until one day Oldman, while bladdered, started singing Like A Virgin at Penn. Everyone froze and there was a moment where it looked like he’d explode until he just started pissing himself and everyone joined in. 

It clearly helped Penn sort his head out because he met Robin Wright on the production and soon married her. 

• Upvote 1

Extraction - 6/10

Ridiculous action film, done reasonaby well. Just lacking any real charismatic characters and I like Chris Hemsworth but these modern day action stars like Stathom, The Rock, etc don't have the charisma of the old guard like Stallone, Arnie, Van Damme.

24 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

It’s fucking expensive mate, let me tell you.

As long as he doesn't get blonde hair streaks and an diamond stud earring.

Pretty sure Phil Taylor did that once, the daft cunt.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paul said:

It’s one of my all-time favourite films. Apparently when they were making it, he was still drinking heavily and also dabbling with method acting (he’s since ditched both booze and that style). Before shooting began, Harris, Penn and Oldman were out on the lash all the time and things were getting very messy.

This was also not long after Penn divorced Madonna and the whole production was walking on eggshells round the notoriously volatile Penn until one day Oldman, while bladdered, started singing Like A Virgin at Penn. Everyone froze and there was a moment where it looked like he’d explode until he just started pissing himself and everyone joined in. 

It clearly helped Penn sort his head out because he met Robin Wright on the production and soon married her. 

I actually watched it because you'd mentioned it, I've been thinking of films I need to watch & saw your post so thanks for that.

I was choking on a drink the whole way through watching it to be honest, really enjoyed it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Extraction - 6/10

Ridiculous action film, done reasonaby well. Just lacking any real charismatic characters and I like Chris Hemsworth but these modern day action stars like Stathom, The Rock, etc don't have the charisma of the old guard like Stallone, Arnie, Van Damme.

What????