You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

On 04/05/2020 at 19:08, VladimirIlyich said:

In the same way Midnight Express and Stir Crazy are epic prison films?

No, because one of those is a comedy and the other is a hard hitting drama.

Pearl Harbour and Midway both purport to be serious war films based around factual events. Pearl Harbour is shit though, like.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

Pearl Harbour and Midway both purport to be serious war films based around factual events. Pearl Harbour is shit though, like.

One set in prisons and the other set around large sea going boaty things.

Anyway,there is a documentary about the Battle of Midway and its brilliant and I've seen decent docs about Pearl Harbour too that didn't feature a single kiss!

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

One set in prisons and the other set around large sea going boaty things.

Anyway,there is a documentary about the Battle of Midway and its brilliant and I've seen decent docs about Pearl Harbour too that didn't feature a single kiss!

I know you're aware that different genres of films can have similar subject matter, so I'm going to assume that true to form you're just being a tedious cunt.

7 hours ago, Paul said:

We all watched Shawshank last night. First viewing for my daughter, who’s 15. She gave it 10/10. 

Amazing that film was a box office dud.

I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry - 7.5/10

I've always been a fan of Adam Sandler films from growing up with The Waterboy, Happy Gilmore and Billy Maddison, they are daft but are funny and have a certain charm to them. This is no different, some genuinely laugh out loud moments.

7 hours ago, General Dryness said:

I know you're aware that different genres of films can have similar subject matter, so I'm going to assume that true to form you're just being a tedious cunt.

What the fuck is wrong with you! If you are here for serious conversation devoid of sarcasm you are on the wrong forum fella.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

What the fuck is wrong with you! If you are here for serious conversation devoid of sarcasm you are on the wrong forum fella.

You have a tendency to try to be funny where it's not called for though, and it rubs me up the wrong way. I'll just stick you on ignore, might be the best thing.

The Favourite - Rachel Weisz and Emma Stone vie for the attention of Olivia Coleman's Queen Anne and it's very odd. From the soundtrack to the clipped dialogue style to the camera shots, everything in this film is just... odd. I've no real interest in what the kings and queens of England got up to so no idea if half of this is true (I suspect it isn't); certainly I don't think everyone went around saying 'cunt' for the most part. Nominated for a load of Oscars but it did nothing for me, although Coleman is good as a decaying, childish Queen Anne. 6.5 out of 10

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, General Dryness said:

You have a tendency to try to be funny where it's not called for though, and it rubs me up the wrong way. I'll just stick you on ignore, might be the best thing.

I had no idea the rate a film thread had turned into the politics one so your suggestion is obviously for the best.

A Tale of Two Sisters

2003 Korean thriller with a distinctly Hitchcockian flavour, about 2 sisters returning to the family home.

Some strange things then start to happen.

Really enjoyable, spooky if a tad predictable.

7/10 Fen Kodi loads of 1080s

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Four Brothers 

Oh my word. Couldn’t tell if it was a spoof movie or even funnier, taking itself seriously. Whalberg at his absolute finest awful. 2/10 

I like Four Brothers. It’s what I refer to as a shit/good film, crap but enjoyable.

4 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Opinions eh? I thought it was pretty bad, in fact I'm struggling to remember anything of note about it and I only watched it a few weeks ago.

I think it can depend on your mood at the time. Sometimes you can just enjoy a no brainer type of film as its just what you need.

2 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Wickerman

The older I get, the better it gets. 

Though Britt Eckland in the altogether was always a 10 of 10.

It's a body double for her in that nude scene.

Mudbound (Netflix), this was well above the usual 'A Netflix Film' standard, this was about the war, families, racism & some other stuff. Set in the deep south during the 2nd World War. Worth a watch.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Mook said:

Mudbound (Netflix), this was well above the usual 'A Netflix Film' standard, this was about the war, families, racism & some other stuff. Set in the deep south during the 2nd World War. Worth a watch.

Excellent film mate. 

On 05/05/2020 at 10:47, General Dryness said:

I seen a bit of Pearl Harbour but got the gist about what type of film it would be, deffo not a hard hitting war film as you say or thought provoking. so not seen it all but I do imagine it's shite. 

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Even the initial frontal nudity?

I feel almost as hoodwinked Sergeant Howie.

• Upvote 1