You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

8 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Why hasn't Doctor Octopus appeared in any of these Marvel films? I know he was in Spiderman 2 (the best superhero film) so why hasn't he made a reappearance? I personally thought Ironman and Avengers were crap so didn't bother with the rest. Bring back Doc Oc! 

Sony still own Spiderman as far as I am aware so it's possible that there is a licensing problem?

EDEX7JNWwAYq1Bt?format=jpg&name=medium

2 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Yeah I reckon it’ll be up your street mate.

I've never been keen on sports documentaries but it appears the bar has been raised quite significantly lately. 

6 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Why hasn't Doctor Octopus appeared in any of these Marvel films? I know he was in Spiderman 2 (the best superhero film) so why hasn't he made a reappearance? I personally thought Ironman and Avengers were crap so didn't bother with the rest. Bring back Doc Oc! 

Because Sony still have the rights to Spider-Man and his stable of villains, so Marvel have to do a deal with Sony every time they use Spider-Man and any of them.

Sony also want to do their own Spidey universe films such as the Sinister Six, which includes Doctor Octopus. It may happen down the line, because I believe Michael Keaton’s Vulture may have a cameo in Sony’s forthcoming Morbius film.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Finally got round to watching this last night and it was well worth it. 

The utter fucking mess they got themselves into was just unreal. They just kept digging the hole they were in with more and more people jumping and being dragged in along the way. 

Just imagine the shit that happens/happened without us ever knowing. 

Nixon reminded me of a watered down version of Trump, and how the fuck that Gordon Liddy got to the position he did, I'll never know.

Although it's 4 hours long, it's 4 one hour episodes stitched together, so if anyone is thinking of watching it, it'd be easy to do in segments if you dont fancy the long haul. 

Any links for this? Thought we had one on here from Youtube?

Watched The Shining last night & it just cemented my initial opinions from years ago, that King books don't make great films & neither does Stanley Kubrik.

It's tense enough & Nicholson puts in a great performance but it's all just a bit empty for me.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mook said:

Watched The Shining last night & it just cemented my initial opinions from years ago, that King books don't make great films & neither does Stanley Kubrik.

It's tense enough & Nicholson puts in a great performance but it's all just a bit empty for me.

The Shining is hilarious, I don't understand why anyone is scared of it.

I could watch it endlessly, Nicholson is brilliant.

Has anyone ever thought that the reason King's books don't make good films might be because they aren't great books to begin with. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Has anyone ever thought that the reason King's books don't make good films might be because they aren't great books to begin with. 

I'm not sure if I've ever read one to be honest, the films have put me off him & I'm convinced they'll all be shite.

Have obviously been watching a lot of movies recently, especially catching-up on classics I'd avoided for years.

EG, 

Taxi Driver.

What a pile of shit that film is. Ok, not a pile of shit, but christ, age has been kind to that film, it still appears in the best 100 films lists all the time, I cannot see why.

42 minutes ago, Mook said:

I went to a wedding which lasted two days and two nights, there was a bloke there and all he talked about the whole time was the fucking Shining.  He was doing quotes from the bar scenes and generally being a tremendous bore.  I wanted to do that "here's Johnny" thing with an axe through his spleen. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Have obviously been watching a lot of movies recently, especially catching-up on classics I'd avoided for years.

EG, 

Taxi Driver.

What a pile of shit that film is. Ok, not a pile of shit, but christ, age has been kind to that film, it still appears in the best 100 films lists all the time, I cannot see why.

No.

Just no.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think the shining is a great film.

It was but its always difficult to tell how an older film will age. I recently watched the two French Connection films and number 1 is still ace but number 2 is an embarrassing racist and xenophobic effort.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think the shining is a great film.

I like it until the final act where it all becomes a bit farcical.  Prior to that there's a lot of subliminal imagery going on and some subtle themes are explored.

I didn't like Mr Shining at the wedding, though. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

The Shining sequence in Ready Player One was scarier than the actual film