You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Fahrenheit 11/9 - 9/10. Moments of hope fighting against a system rigged against the ordinary person. If we’re ever to break out of the current clusterfuck it’ll be the younger generation who do it.

That was the main positive I took from that documentary, the kids just giving it the large one to the twats. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Blinded By The Light

What the fuck. Not even rating it. 

Couldn't you see it? Maybe you should have turned the lights down. Or maybe you didn't have the choice with the lights in your face?

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

Couldn't you see it? Maybe you should have turned the lights down. Or maybe you didn't have the choice with the lights in your face?

I wish I'd been electrocuted and shot at for an hour and a half. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Extraction - predictable plot, but great action scenes. Thoroughly entertaining though. 7/10. 

Watched ten minutes and couldn't take any more. I really find it almost impossible to watch that type of stuff. Its so difficult,but refreshing to find things without needless explosions and OTT gun battles. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The Gentlemen 7/10.

Thought this was going to be crap but really enjoyed it. Nothing original but well made and a typical Guy Ritchie gangster flick. Hugh Grant getting cockney lessons from Michael Caine it seemed.

I have access to this film and all the critics reviews have panned it. But it gets a good score on IMDB so I might have to fire up The Gentlemen!

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I have access to this film and all the critics reviews have panned it. But it gets a good score on IMDB so I might have to fire up The Gentlemen!

Give it a go with an open mind and if you like the 'Lock Stock' genre then you should at least be mildly entertained.

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Watched ten minutes and couldn't take any more. I really find it almost impossible to watch that type of stuff. Its so difficult,but refreshing to find things without needless explosions and OTT gun battles. 

That’s the whole point of the film (and genre)!

Watched the Beastie Boys thing on Apple TV+. Thought it was good without being great. Didn’t really like the format of them presenting their own story; it’d have been better if they were interviewed. It felt too scripted to me and the humour felt forced and the audience seemed a bit sycophantic as a result. Still, there were loads of great stories and pictures/videos on there - including me!!!*

*There was a long shot of their huge gig at Madison Square Garden in August 1998, which went to while on honeymoon.