You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Gentlemen 4/10. 

A couple of amusing one liners but mainly just annoying, smarmy cockneys thinking they are cleverer & funnier than they actually are. Also has a very excessive use of the word cunt, although pronounced caaaaaaaaaaaant. 

When Colin Farrell is the best thing in it, you know it’s not great. 

• Upvote 1

On 23/04/2020 at 23:27, Bjornebye said:

The Iceman. Mentioned on here a few pages back so I’ve given it a go. True story about a mafia hitman. 7.5/10 

well worth a watch. 

Casting David Schwimmer as a hit man is a crime against cinema. 

2 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

"Hell or High Water"

Terrible title for a very good movie.

Slow, simple story, perfectly executed, IMO.

Jeff Bridges and Chris Pine are good, but the best performance is from someone called Ben Foster (not that Ben Foster).

9 of 10

One of my favourites of the last decade that. Excellent film.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The iceman is not a true story. It's based upon Richard Kuklinskys fantasies. He definitely killed some people but 90 percent of his story is garbage.  Not seem the film though it might be good.

I have heard mafia members and informers say this too. Cold fucker nevertheless.

19 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I have heard mafia members and informers say this too. Cold fucker nevertheless.

Yeah the idea Roy DeMeo was paying him 50 grand to kill people when Roy Demeo and his crew killed hundreds of people and chopped them up in their club makes no sense. People who knew Demeo say there's no way in a million years he'd pay somebody. 

5 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

"Hell or High Water"

Jeff Bridges and Chris Pine are good, but the best performance is from someone called Ben Foster (not that Ben Foster).

9 of 10

He's even better in 3:10 to Yuma. Great actor.

• Like 1

Attack of the Clones - unwatchable. My daughter had this on last night and I just couldn’t cope with whatsisface as Anakin. Truly awful performance. Wooden barely touches it. Plus it’s slow as fuck in places too. Gave it half an hour and fucked it off because it was pissing me off so much. Awful. 

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

Attack of the Clones - unwatchable. My daughter had this on last night and I just couldn’t cope with whatsisface as Anakin. Truly awful performance. Wooden barely touches it. Plus it’s slow as fuck in places too. Gave it half an hour and fucked it off because it was pissing me off so much. Awful. 

Stick in Adam Driver as Anakin, get rid of Jar Jar Binks and some of the crapper CGI, polish up the dialogue a bit(lot) and the prequels would be so much better. At least the story arc makes sense anyway - not like the new three.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Adam Driver... Also watched Logan Lucky with the missus  last night.

Channing Tatum and yer man play two southern brothers planning on robbing a racetrack during a NASCAR race, with help from Daniel Craig’s Joey Bangs.

Obvious parallels to Soderbergh’s Ocean’s 11, it’s not as fun, but the heist scenes are ok. Lots of Southern mumbling.

6/10

4 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Stick in Adam Driver as Anakin, get rid of Jar Jar Binks and some of the crapper CGI, polish up the dialogue a bit(lot) and the prequels would be so much better. At least the story arc makes sense anyway - not like the new three.

Darth Mahogany for Darth Emo.

Hell of a choice. 

21 Bridges - Chadwick Boseman as a New York cop investigating the shooting of 8 police officers. It's a B-movie with good actors, very formulaic and predictable but Boseman is good in the lead role, it's a tight 100 minutes and you're left feeling quite satisfied. Perfect late-night Saturday night film. 6 out of 10

On 25/04/2020 at 15:07, polymerpunkah said:

"Hell or High Water"

9 of 10

He’s brilliant in Leave no Trace as well which incidentally is also a very good film

• Like 1