You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

51 minutes ago, Elite said:

I enjoy all Michael Connelly's stuff so they are worth reading. Get them for a few quid as well.

6 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Yup, all the ones I've read have been good

You know how it's going to play out but always a page turner

Cheers, I've got a few John Connolly books to get through, but I'll pick some of these up and give them a whirl.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm reading the John Connolly 'Charlie Parker' novels at the moment. Not bad at all.

Yep, I'm really enjoying them. I'm up to Black Angel at the moment and have a couple more in the batch I bought to read through.

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

Are his other Mickey Haller books worth a read too?

I’ve enjoyed everything he’s done. There’s actually quite a lot of crossover between the two characters in the later books. 

Knives Out - 7 morphine vials out of 10.

A decent watch. A murder mystery with some funny black comedy moments and good characters played by Michael Shannon and Daniel Craig. Plus, Marta the nurse is hot. Slightly disappointed by the ending though. And, the big reveal of how the "victim" died seemed a bit too early in the plot, for me. It killed a bit of the suspense. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Knives Out - 7 morphine vials out of 10.

A decent watch. A murder mystery with some funny black comedy moments and good characters played by Michael Shannon and Daniel Craig. Plus, Marta the nurse is hot. Slightly disappointed by the ending though. And, the big reveal of how the "victim" died seemed a bit too early in the plot, for me. It killed a bit of the suspense. 

The nurse is in the new Bond.

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Not a big fan of Bond. But I've watched the last few Daniel Craig ones and thought they were decent. 

At first read, I thought you'd said she was the new Bond. Double oh heaven! 

A licence to sit on my face and wriggle like fuck 

I went to an audience with John Connolly when he was publicising A Bag of Bones, a lot of it was actually written around where I live. My daughter came with me as she had bought it me for my birthday. She asked me what it was all about, and I said basically he'll talk about his work and then there will be a Q&A session afterwards. "Oh God!" she said "What happens if he asks me a question I don't know?"

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, mattyq said:

A new series of Bosch is out on Prime this Friday

Always really enjoyed them

Got Amazon Prime recently and this has been my favourite show so far. Was a bit dubious at first as the actor doesn't gel with the picture I have in my mind from the books,  but the first series was great and I am looking forward to ploughing through the rest.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Got Amazon Prime recently and this has been my favourite show so far. Was a bit dubious at first as the actor doesn't gel with the picture I have in my mind from the books,  but the first series was great and I am looking forward to ploughing through the rest.

I was the same. Think it's the best series on Amazon

4 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

It's going to be difficult not to burn through all episodes over the weekend.

Yup, going to strictly ration myself

1 hour ago, mattyq said:

A new series of Bosch is out on Prime this Friday

Always really enjoyed them

Love this and been counting the days down until it's released. Will be carefully rationing myself to one episode a night, although that's going to be difficult to do.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Bosch is for the TV show thread. 

I've just googled it and the main character plays an IRA chief in Sons of Anarchy and his Irish accent is worse than Charlie Hunnans cockney one in Green Street. He can get focked. 

Nah he's Bosch as Bosch.

• Upvote 1