You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Guest Pistonbroke

Yesterday. 9/10

Brit comedy about a struggling musician hurt in an accident during a World Blackout, on waking up in hospital he realises that nobody has heard of the Beatles. You can work the rest out. 

Really enjoyed this, just one of those feel good Films with something in it for everyone from a family prospective. Solid acting from the lead actors (apart from Mr Wooden Sheeran), really like that Joel Fry from Plebs fame (Stylax). Lily James cast as a homely girl just made me fall in love with her, gorgeous. 

Probably gave it an extra point for cheering me up during these weird times and for Lily James. 

Guest Pistonbroke

The Dressmaker. 7/10

Wife's choice for this evening. Australian comedy drama set in a rural town in the early 50's, weird as fuck but kept me interested. 

Impractical Jokers : The Movie

Fancied watching something uncomplicated but funny. This is just wank. Admittedly I only watched about 20 minutes but it just wasn't working on any level whatsoever. 0/10.

Hail Satan? 

Documentary about the Satanic Temple. This is great. Interesting and very, very funny. The perfect Easter movie. Extra point for unexpected Iggy Pop cameo. 

9/10

6 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Impractical Jokers : The Movie

Fancied watching something uncomplicated but funny. This is just wank. Admittedly I only watched about 20 minutes but it just wasn't working on any level whatsoever. 0/10.

Sounds true to the spirit of the series then. 

11 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yesterday. 9/10

Brit comedy about a struggling musician hurt in an accident during a World Blackout, on waking up in hospital he realises that nobody has heard of the Beatles. You can work the rest out. 

Really enjoyed this, just one of those feel good Films with something in it for everyone from a family prospective. Solid acting from the lead actors (apart from Mr Wooden Sheeran), really like that Joel Fry from Plebs fame (Stylax). Lily James cast as a homely girl just made me fall in love with her, gorgeous. 

Probably gave it an extra point for cheering me up during these weird times and for Lily James. 

CyRBuPVa5jFWKiDIPm7OURi35wRbZxc3KChNmFEfS8Wm0bAt8uFwmjlsXJRHFM7xhhgb55oXuVvsD7g_h2l7y5ZkkWXxA9znGoes6mnNwGxJJwNz87bLqIPbPEAT-7r4iv6pEj0UZRPiJ2CfVdu-80y6hySNgxkHRQo

Yesterday was shit.

The lead couldn't carry a movie. The central idea was poor and so was the execution

1/10 for me

• Upvote 2

Watched Zodiac again last night as part of Family Coronamovie Club. it’s quite dull and plodding in places and it’s ridiculously long. However, there are a couple of moments near the end where the jump/creep scares were incredibly effective. My daughter, who’s now decided she loves true crime, thought it was great. 8/10. 

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

Watched Zodiac again last night as part of Family Coronamovie Club. it’s quite dull and plodding in places and it’s ridiculously long. However, there are a couple of moments near the end where the jump/creep scares were incredibly effective. My daughter, who’s now decided she loves true crime, thought it was great. 8/10. 

Yeah, I felt that way when it was first released, slow but very good. If you feel the pace dragging in the cinema it's usually not a good sign so I've never watched it at home for fear it'd ruin it. 

1 hour ago, redheart said:

Also I have it on good authority that she is absolutely filthy in the sack

Not surprised after walking through all that mud.

I just endured Terminator Genisys. I am introducing a new scoring system just for this film. It should get thrown back in time to 1984 and stay there where it can't hurt anybody else.

Onward - Pixar film set in a fantasy world where magic has been forgotten and two boys try a spell to bring back their dad for one day. Not at the level of quality of Pixar's normal output but good fun for the most part. Once it focuses itself in the second half it gets better but it felt slightly routine for the most part. 6.5 out of 10

The Gentlemen - Guy Ritchie hasn't evolved his film-making one iota in 20 years judging by this one. Lots of cockernee accents talking in a slow, deliberate style, with the occasional big word and 'cunt' thrown in for gravitas, plus Matthew McConaughey in tweed suits. Rubbish, thinks it's why cleverer than it is and just generally poorly executed style over substance. Also, is that Charlie Hunnam's real accent? Because it is not good. 3 out of 10.

Jumanji: The Next Level - Sequel to Welcome to the Jungle that can't quite repeat the same trick but gives it a good go. For the first half of the movie the central roles are given to Karen Gillan and Jack Black before reverting to the Rock and Kevin Hart, which is a shame because Gillan and Black are good value. Fun but forgettable.  6 out of 10.

Frozen 2 - Sequel to the ubiquitous original. Lacks the surprise factor of the original and struggles to find a story that's as interesting but it's not bad. Songs also aren't as memorable as the first film but that's a really hard act to follow. Slight but enjoyable. 6 out of 10.

Raiders of the Lost Ark was on BBC One in primetime yesterday. Due reverence shown to an all-time classic. 10 out of 10 obviously.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yesterday. 9/10

6 hours ago, redheart said:

CyRBuPVa5jFWKiDIPm7OURi35wRbZxc3KChNmFEfS8Wm0bAt8uFwmjlsXJRHFM7xhhgb55oXuVvsD7g_h2l7y5ZkkWXxA9znGoes6mnNwGxJJwNz87bLqIPbPEAT-7r4iv6pEj0UZRPiJ2CfVdu-80y6hySNgxkHRQo

Yesterday was shit.

The lead couldn't carry a movie. The central idea was poor and so was the execution

1/10 for me

The idea was great. If they had a different lead actor it could have been a cracker but he ruined it for me. Ive seen him on Graham Norton and he is as flat in real life. A real annoying moody boring bastard. 

Lily James though. 

Lily James. 

Marriage material. 

GettyImages-890533176-1024x683.jpg

Guest Pistonbroke

I can see why others might be put off but I still enjoyed it. Easy watching at a time a nice bit of comedy is like medicine, plus Lily James......

24 minutes ago, Elite said:

I thought The Gentleman was good. I am a sucker for a good old cockney yarn.

Started it but the kodi stream fucked up about 10 minutes in. Charlie Hunnan's accent was nearly as bad as his green street one. Hugh Grant looked like he lays a geezer well though. Ill give it another try. 

How are you feeling anyway? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Started it but the kodi stream fucked up about 10 minutes in. Charlie Hunnan's accent was nearly as bad as his green street one. Hugh Grant looked like he lays a geezer well though. Ill give it another try. 

How are you feeling anyway? 

It's not bad when you get into it and take it for what it is.

I'm feeling better thanks mate, still having the odd coughing fit and slightly paranoid that I'll bleed out if I cut myself because of the blood thinners but overall I feel okay. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The idea was great. If they had a different lead actor it could have been a cracker but he ruined it for me. Ive seen him on Graham Norton and he is as flat in real life. A real annoying moody boring bastard. 

Lily James though. 

Lily James. 

Marriage material. 

GettyImages-890533176-1024x683.jpg

Fuck.

19 minutes ago, Elite said:

It's not bad when you get into it and take it for what it is.

I'm feeling better thanks mate, still having the odd coughing fit and slightly paranoid that I'll bleed out if I cut myself because of the blood thinners but overall I feel okay. 

Stay safe brother. 

• Upvote 1

Jojo Rabbit

I’d seen a few reviewers give this film really bad marks, and to be honest I put them down as try hards who couldn’t take a film with Nazis being funny.  Now I’ve watched it, I assume some of them are still lame losers, but well, I really couldn’t get with the tone of this at all.

I go somewhere between liking and loving Taika Waititi’s stuff, so I went in wanting to like it, but I didn’t. Some parts are ridiculous farce - which is fine - others try for serious, but it doesn’t hit the black comedy notes right at all for me.

All the actors are good even with the ridiculous accents.

Hard to rate, maybe a generous 6/10?

• Upvote 1