You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

27 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Black Panther (2018)- 2/10- I couldn't even finish this one once Serkis was offed. Lethargic action scenes, dull story, charisma-free hero, the worst protagonist in any of the films and atrocious acting in many scenes.

I watched this last week after seeing it as the highest rated (or one of) film of all time on one of the movie ratings things. Rotten Tomatoes I think. 

It was fucking shite. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched this last week after seeing it as the highest rated (or one of) film of all time on one of the movie ratings things. Rotten Tomatoes I think. 

It was fucking shite. 

I thought the bad user reviews on IMDB were going to be from bitter Incels, but they really weren't, it's just awful.

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Superhero films?

[shakes head / chortles / hocks up big greeny / spits]

To be fair, I could barely move without pain for several days and really couldn't face watching anything but light entertainment.

7 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

One of the greatest films of all time. I take it you’d seen it before?

Yeah course. Im half way through the book. I am struggling with it but refuse to give up. Its written from the Cheifs perspective. 

Is it wrong that from some angles Miss Rachet actually looks quite sexy? 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah course. Im half way through the book. I am struggling with it but refuse to give up. Its written from the Cheifs perspective. 

Yes, she's hot as fuck from all angles.

I’ve caught up with a few films this week with being housebound.

Chinatown - I’d never seen this before but had read it was great so gave it a go. Loved it. Very much of its time, but a good story and cracking acting especially from Jack. 9 out of 10.

BlacKkKlansman - Great stuff from John David Washington and Adam Driver. Enjoyed it more than I expected to. 8 out of 10.

The Incredibles - Watched this whilst working from home the other day. One of the best Pixar films I’ve seen with some brilliant laughs. 8 out of 10.

Trading Places - Watched again for the first time in years. One of my favourite films ever, great performances from Eddie Murphy, Dan Ackroyd, Jamie Lee Curtis and Denholm Elliott. 9.5 out of 10.  

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The book is fantastic. The book to read straight after it is The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe. Find out what Ken Kesey got up to after writing it. 

• Upvote 3

Hustlers - Jennifer Lopez and Constance Wu in the true-ish story of a group of strippers devised a plan to drug and rob Wall Street bankers over a number of years. Would possibly make a good triple bill with Wolf of Wall Street and the Big Short with the largesse and downfall of the banks. It's good but not great, there was no real likeable character (same issue with Wolf of Wall Street) and their actions were indefensible no matter how bad the people they were doing it too. 6.5 out of 10.

Blinded by the Light - Young Pakistani lad in '80s Luton finds a way out of his cul-de-sac life through the music of Bruce Springsteen. Resonated with me as a big Bruce fan and there was a surprising amount of his tracks on the soundtrack given the budget of the film. Possibly a little too long but a fun, uplifting film that's based on the writer and his own upbringing. 7.5 out of 10.

On 03/04/2020 at 17:22, Tony Moanero said:

Top 5 Disney Films (non animated)

1. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Kirk

Douglas)

2. Flight of the Navigator

3. Bedknobs and Broomsticks 

4. Blackbeard’s Ghost

5. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.

Blackbeard's Ghost is an underrated classic. Ustinov nails the comedic role. Really wish he'd taken that performance into a live action version of Captain Pugwash.

• Upvote 1