You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Guest Pistonbroke

A Star is Born. Surprised I liked this one, very good acting and music. 7.5/10

MIB International. Not as good as the others but worth a watch. 6/10

Spiderman, Far from home. Not their best effort in this franchise 6.5/10

Paradise Hills. What a load of cack. 3/10. 

A Letter for the King. Enjoyed watching this with the family. 7/10

The kid who would be King. Decent family film but more for kids. 6/10

The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir. Pick of the bunch for me, charming film with a great story and acting. 9/10

11 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Colour Out Of Space

This is fucking nuts. It's cosmic horror, based on a short story by HP Lovecraft and has a meteorite, alpacas and a wildly over the top Nicholas Cage in it. Mental film with a very 80s feel to it. 

It gets an indescribable colour out of 10.

I'll look out for this, I assume you've seen Mandy also with Nicholas Cage? 

3 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Colour Out Of Space

This is fucking nuts. It's cosmic horror, based on a short story by HP Lovecraft and has a meteorite, alpacas and a wildly over the top Nicholas Cage in it. Mental film with a very 80s feel to it. 

It gets an indescribable colour out of 10.

You only need to say Nicholas Cage is in it. He's always wildly over the top.

The wife loves the Agatah Christie films , and had that Evil UnderThe Sun on the other day. Now I don't  mind Marple so much but don't really like the Poirot character but this 'reveal' took the fucking biscuit. It was some bollocks about lying on the beach pretending to be dead , winding somebody's watch on 5 minutes , false tan all over somebody , the bloke being a Latin teacher and a pipe that was never smoked. I was fucking made up when the perpetrator chinned Poirot.

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Knives Out - 3/10. Boring and shit. I’m bewildered by positive reviews of this. Is it supposed to be a spoof/pastiche? I don’t think it knows itself. Self-indulgent shite. 

I enjoyed it to a point (pun not intended) but couldn't get over the fact that it was written and directed by Rian 'I'm cleverer than you' Johnson. I think this was proved by how it all turned out.

Plus,  Daniel Craig looked like shit

50 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The wife loves the Agatah Christie films , and had that Evil UnderThe Sun on the other day. Now I don't  mind Marple so much but don't really like the Poirot character but this 'reveal' took the fucking biscuit. It was some bollocks about lying on the beach pretending to be dead , winding somebody's watch on 5 minutes , false tan all over somebody , the bloke being a Latin teacher and a pipe that was never smoked. I was fucking made up when the perpetrator chinned Poirot.

Poirot is boss.

1. Suchet 

2. Finney

3. Ustinov 

• Upvote 1

On 29/03/2020 at 09:14, Bobby Hundreds said:

Dr sleep. If youre comparing it to the shining and the shining being a 10 then I'd give this a 5 but as a film in it's own right with out the weight of the original book or Kubricks genuis for entertainment purposes I'd give it a 7 I enjoyed it. The woman who plays Rose the hat is gorgeous too. Decent film not a classic by any stretch.

Rebecca Ferguson. Stunning. 

cc407ec296d08a55c427545f03668bd0.jpg

I vaguely remember a Rowan Atkinson sketch where he is French and noting all the things he hates about the English,  and ranting about Agatha Christie adding clues at the end and how we thought it hilarious that a Belgian guy keeps getting called French.

As I've been laid up, I used my free Disney+ week to work through the Marvel movies, most of which I haven't seen before. I haven't finished yet, but thought I'd mark the first lot before I forget them (and let's be honest, some are very forgettable).

The order is taken from a website which lists them in chronological order based on the events rather than file release date.

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) 7/10- pretty good, I don't like the character that much, but the flim was very entertaining.

Captain Marvel (2019) 5/10- dull character, dull film.

Iron Man (2008)- 8/10- very good, actually feels fresh rather than its increasingly tired sequels.

Iron Man 2 (2010)- 6/10- not a patch on the first film.

The Incredible Hulk (2008)- not on D+, and I couldn't be arsed looking for a stream.

Thor (2011)- 7/10 surprisingly enjoyable, funny (and not constant, forced one-liners like some of the later films) and good action.

The Avengers (2012)- 8.5/10- excellent, with a fantastic final act.

Iron Man 3 (2013)- 5/10- OK, time to stop...

Thor: The Dark World (2013)- 7/10- another surprisingly good entry

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)- 8/10- excellent, some great action and an intriguing adversary

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)- 8/10- great fun

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)- 7.5/10- great sequel but got a bit bogged down in the mushy stuff

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2014)- 6/10- dropped the ball with this one, nowhere near as good as the first one, although the finale was pretty epic

Ant-Man (2015)- 2/10- absolute stinker, boring, with a stiff performance from Michael Douglas and terrible comedic relief

Captain America: Civil War (2016)- 7/10- another CA goodie, his standalone films are head and shoulders above the others' even though this one was more Avengers: Bitchin' At Each Other

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)- 3/10- terrible. Tedious, whiny teenagers, shit protagonist, and most of the work was done by Iron Man anyway. Pointless even to have Spider-man in it, really.

Doctor Strange (2016)- 6.5/10- not bad, some great visuals and a more interesting plot than the usual fare. End felt really rushed though.

Black Panther (2018)- 2/10- I couldn't even finish this one once Serkis was offed. Lethargic action scenes, dull story, charisma-free hero, the worst protagonist in any of the films and atrocious acting in many scenes.

I'm hoping the remaining handful of films are better than the last few I've seen...

• Upvote 1