You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

18 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Haha shit yeah. Perhaps not the most appropriate one to review right now. 

Have you seen Outbreak? That would review well.

8 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

A star is born - 7.5/10. Crap plot, 2 good performances and ace music.

Crocodile Dundee - 7/10. Hasn’t aged too badly (apart from the tranny stuff) - funnier than I remembered too.

The tranny scene is superb. 

EDIT: Im on about Crocodile Dundee not GaGa without make-up. (Who by the way is beautiful and doesn't need any) 

"The Day the Earth Stood Still"

dir: Alan Smithee

I'd give this one a miss.

Did an okay, if slow, job of building up some significant existential dread, and like the best Hitchcock most of the really bad stuff has occurred off-screen (to this point); but unlike your typical thriller, I'm really really not sure what's going to happen. Should I be terrified? Or just bored?

Worst of all is it's not over yet, I don't know when it's going to end, and I can't just stand up, throw my popcorn at the screen, and walk out in a huff.

I hope everyone is hanging in there.

Strange days indeed.

On 20/03/2020 at 13:20, Carvalho Diablo said:

I watched Spotlight again a week or two ago, and agree it is fantastic. Mark Ruffalo is one of my favourite actors.

Try Dark Waters if you haven't already mate.

I’d imagine dark waters was a bit of a personal theme for him given he’s been heavily involved in activism surrounding the Flint water scandal.

12 hours ago, John102 said:

Jojo Rabbit

9/10.

It was described to me as charming. Id agree.

Is that the one to do with Nazis somehow? The name rings a bell...

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Incorrect. That was the first goal, the one where he skinned half the England team was the winner. 

Well, there's no point in watching it now.

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Blade Runner (Original). 

I can completely see why those of you who saw it when it came out think its great. No more than a 6/10 for me. Some cool scenes but nah. I don't even think its as good as Running Man. 

You may have seen the wrong version, there's so many out there that some of the versions are seen as inferior. I believe the director's cut is the version considered the best although I'm sure there are people better informed on this than me.

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

You may have seen the wrong version, there's so many out there that some of the versions are seen as inferior. I believe the director's cut is the version considered the best although I'm sure there are people better informed on this than me.

I have actually heard of a directors cut. Hope someone can tell me then difference ? 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I have actually heard of a directors cut. Hope someone can tell me then difference ? 

Several versions of Blade Runner have been shown. The original workprint version (1982, 113 minutes) was shown for audience test previews in Denver and Dallas in March 1982. Negative responses to the previews led to the modifications resulting in the U.S. theatrical version.[94][95] The workprint was shown as a director's cut without Scott's approval at the Los Angeles Fairfax Theater in May 1990, at an AMPAS showing in April 1991, and in September and October 1991 at the Los Angeles NuArt Theater and the San Francisco Castro Theatre.[96] Positive responses pushed the studio to approve work on an official director's cut.[97] A San Diego Sneak Preview was shown only once, in May 1982, and was almost identical to the U.S. theatrical version but contained three extra scenes not shown in any other version, including the 2007 Final Cut.[98]

Two versions were shown in the film's 1982 theatrical release: the U.S. theatrical version (117 minutes),[1] known as the original version or Domestic Cut (released on Betamax, CED Videodisc and VHS in 1983, and on LaserDisc in 1987), and the International Cut (117 minutes), also known as the "Criterion Edition" or "uncut version", which included more violent action scenes than the U.S. version. Although initially unavailable in the U.S. and distributed in Europe and Asia via theatrical and local Warner Home Video Laserdisc releases, the International Cut was later released on VHS and Criterion Collection Laserdisc in North America, and re-released in 1992 as a "10th Anniversary Edition".[99]

Ridley Scott's Director's Cut (1992, 116 minutes)[100] had significant changes from the theatrical version including the removal of Deckard's voice-over, the re-insertion of the unicorn sequence, and the removal of the studio-imposed happy ending. Scott provided extensive notes and consultation to Warner Bros. through film preservationist Michael Arick, who was put in charge of creating the Director's Cut.[101] Scott's The Final Cut (2007, 117 minutes)[102] was released by Warner Bros. theatrically on October 5, 2007, and subsequently released on DVD, HD DVD, and Blu-ray Disc in December 2007.[103] This is the only version over which Scott had complete artistic and editorial control.[101]

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Several versions of Blade Runner have been shown. The original workprint version (1982, 113 minutes) was shown for audience test previews in Denver and Dallas in March 1982. Negative responses to the previews led to the modifications resulting in the U.S. theatrical version.[94][95] The workprint was shown as a director's cut without Scott's approval at the Los Angeles Fairfax Theater in May 1990, at an AMPAS showing in April 1991, and in September and October 1991 at the Los Angeles NuArt Theater and the San Francisco Castro Theatre.[96] Positive responses pushed the studio to approve work on an official director's cut.[97] A San Diego Sneak Preview was shown only once, in May 1982, and was almost identical to the U.S. theatrical version but contained three extra scenes not shown in any other version, including the 2007 Final Cut.[98]

Two versions were shown in the film's 1982 theatrical release: the U.S. theatrical version (117 minutes),[1] known as the original version or Domestic Cut (released on Betamax, CED Videodisc and VHS in 1983, and on LaserDisc in 1987), and the International Cut (117 minutes), also known as the "Criterion Edition" or "uncut version", which included more violent action scenes than the U.S. version. Although initially unavailable in the U.S. and distributed in Europe and Asia via theatrical and local Warner Home Video Laserdisc releases, the International Cut was later released on VHS and Criterion Collection Laserdisc in North America, and re-released in 1992 as a "10th Anniversary Edition".[99]

Ridley Scott's Director's Cut (1992, 116 minutes)[100] had significant changes from the theatrical version including the removal of Deckard's voice-over, the re-insertion of the unicorn sequence, and the removal of the studio-imposed happy ending. Scott provided extensive notes and consultation to Warner Bros. through film preservationist Michael Arick, who was put in charge of creating the Director's Cut.[101] Scott's The Final Cut (2007, 117 minutes)[102] was released by Warner Bros. theatrically on October 5, 2007, and subsequently released on DVD, HD DVD, and Blu-ray Disc in December 2007.[103] This is the only version over which Scott had complete artistic and editorial control.[101]

I think I did see the directors cut version then thanks mate