You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. 

Watched this last night. 7.5/10. Couldn't get going with it for the first half an hour then it started getting good. It would just be a 7 but I've given a 0.5 for Samara Weaving who plays her ex husbands bit of fluff. She is lovely.

samara-weaving.jpg?resize=640,360&ssl=1

20 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Richard Jewell. 7.5/10. True story of the security guard who got investigated for the Centennial Park Bomb at the Atalanta Olympics. The media are utter cunts. Didn't know it was Clint Eastwood until the end. 

Yeah the make up was outstanding, totally unrecognisable.

• Upvote 1

Lady Bird

Watched this with the missus the other night, it made her cry, even though it isn't really that sad (female relationships though), also quite amusing but not as funny as I was expecting.

It's basically the tale of a girl from Sacramento in her last year of high school.  There's not really a lot of drama to it.  She bickers a lot with her mum, has a pretty crap taste in boys, is a bit of a selfish twat at times, but also pretty charming too.

It's pretty watchable, well written - very much Frances Ha in high school. 

Saoirse Ronan is good as Lady Bird, and Laurie Metcalfe is excellent as her mum. 

7/10

Dora the Explorer and the Lost City of Gold

If you watch this with your kids who watched the cartoon when they were little and you also managed to maybe watch a couple of episodes this is ok, with a few funny bits.

Benicio del Toro is the voice of Swiper for fucks sake!

Better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

6/10

On 17/03/2020 at 19:25, sir roger said:

Got around to watching ' A Quiet Place ' on Sky Movies. Interesting premise and quite well acted. Didn't outstay its welcome either, 7 batteries out of 10 hearing aids.

Watched this last night. It was ok. 6/10. Mental concept but the pregnancy thing had my nerves up the wall. Obviously the baby was going to cry. All 3 of the kids for different reasons were annoying little bastards. It also ended very abruptly. I am a bit in love with Emily Blunt though but did anyone else note how ugly her foot was during the nail scene? I mean I know she is living in barefoot and they can't make any noise so a bath or a shower is out of the question but it just looked deformed. Would. Not. Suck 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Watched this last night. It was ok. 6/10. Mental concept but the pregnancy thing had my nerves up the wall. Obviously the baby was going to cry. All 3 of the kids for different reasons were annoying little bastards. It also ended very abruptly. I am a bit in love with Emily Blunt though but did anyone else note how ugly her foot was during the nail scene? I mean I know she is living in barefoot and they can't make any noise so a bath or a shower is out of the question but it just looked deformed. Would. Not. Suck 

58a5dfdc3b9cdc9ceb779d32f0ac25b7.jpg

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

Upgrade - this movie should have got a wider audience. For me it's done a right good job on a £3m budget. Enjoyed it a great deal. 8/10

Agree, it's a cracking film that. Doesn't get much love but one of the best sci-fi films I've seen in a while.

• Upvote 2